• We've said goodbye to 2018, take a look at some of our stats from the past year! Click here

A public meeting place for open discussion

peteware

Regular Poster
Not being funny ice but Forum
(A public meeting place for open discussion)
its not a fecking school
people are getting warned and kicked for talking to each other all be it a bit heated up at some times
do you want them to come to this forum and talk
also I was kicked twice last night by DW when on spec is that normal he did ask was I playing I was freeviewing around the map at the time but game said I was not on spec some fecking hack lol

IceSkater

HelloClan Leader
I understand what a forum implies.

There are some no goes when it comes to using any forum. It's the unwritten rules.

I don't care what gets discussed, but when accusations and name calling starts flying, I then intervene.

I agree, it is not a school, but it is my duty to stop arguments laced with venom. It then turns into a free for all playground if I don't stop it.

I personally haven't locked all the topics you see that are, so please don't think I'm trying to limit a persons ability to voice their opinion.

If I wanted to do that, I'd just strip the account of it's privilegedes. Or better yet, delete the persons account if I really disliked them. But I don't do any of that, except in the case of Mr. Big where I stripped his account of it's basic privileges thus allowing him to still log in but only view topics and not reply.

If you are referring to Fear's recent warnings / kicks, it was due to harassment complaints agains him. Although I will clear that up later...

Regarding your kicks, no that is not normal, but if you told the Admin you were watching, it should have prevented the kicks. I will catch up with Deadly a little bit later.

peteware

Regular Poster
Thanks ice no I did not tell DW partly my fault I was eating and just thought he had not looked but just as I checked if I was on spec but it seemed the game was happy for me to fly around but had not put me in spec mode but had listed me in the game strange?

SellOut

Battlefield Vietnam & RS2:V Admin
Hi V,

I think threads get locked with flame wars begin and people stop respecting each other. My experience is that this is the case with this forum as with any other moderated forum I've participated in.

I think an open exchange of opinions are always welcome by participants who demonstrate basic civility. Disagreeing vehemently is ok. Calling people names is not.

Hope to see you in game soon!

IceSkater

HelloClan Leader
peteware said:
Thanks ice no I did not tell DW partly my fault I was eating and just thought he had not looked but just as I checked if I was on spec but it seemed the game was happy for me to fly around but had not put me in spec mode but had listed me in the game strange?
Sadly it is a glitch that happens to everyone...you hit the spectator button and while it kills you and let's you roam a bit, it does not actually place you in spec mode, so you're sort of stuck in limbo. If this happens, and you are able, wait for the timeout to hit zero, go back to game mode then switch back to spec. It should fix it. :)

To be fair to Deadly,

If he asked and you had not answered, then he was not able to know you were watching or having a nice dinner. :)

El Alamein

Battlefield Vietnam & RS2:V Admin
Hello V,

I don't personally remember this action (not saying it didn't happen--heck, it probably did--I just don't remember). I do periodically ask players if they are playing when they appear to be AFK; however, if you were to have answered, I know for sure that I would not have kicked you.

If I kicked you in error, I do apologize sincerely. I only kick AFK players to balance teams. If you were in the spectator slot I wouldn't have kicked at all; maybe it was a glitch and you were in the spectator slot but to me it seemed like you were on a team.

Again, I'm really really sorry. It was an accident and probably some weird glitch going on. I wish I could explain exactly what I was thinking but I have no recollection of the incident.

~The Deadliest Warrior