• Join us on Discord! To get all the info you may need click here!

Official Opening: New Website!

IceSkater

HelloClan Leader
Hello there community members.

We thank you for your patience and continued support of the clan and all our servers.

We'd like to welcome you to our new website and forum. I hope you like it, we slaved for many days and nights without food or water to bring HelloClan to the new age.

We imported all our existing user accounts, with all topics and posts from our old website and moved them over to here. The only thing we did not import was everyone's Avatar image, so please feel free to do so in your own time.

Our new website is pretty straightforward. If you would like to change settings on your user account, simply click on your name which can be found alongside the Inbox, Alerts & Search buttons on the top right-hand corner of the site. From there all settings available to you can be found in a pop up which appears. To change your Avatar, hover your mouse over where your Avatar image would be, and it will show a slide option to Edit Avatar. Click on the text and upload away!

Our new site also offers a "Watch" option, which is a button that can be located on the upper right hand corner of any thread or topic. This setting allows you to receive notifications via Email or the "Alerts" button when new stuff is posted. Ensuring you are kept up to date with what you want to know about! By default this setting is enabled for New Threads and will Alert you.

We have also cleaned up and re-organized all the current forums. So when posting, please give the mods a day off and post in the appropriate forum sections. The Home button at the top left corner of the site will take you to our forum home at the moment, that might change once we get the main pages up and running.

Another thing that has been greatly expanded upon is a users news feed. Got some friends online? Go and make some facebook type posts on your news feed and see how things work! Username>NewsFeeds is where you will find what is going to be your home page when you logon to our site. Want to stay friends with someone but not get their news feed? Go to Username>Preferences>Following and un-follow that person. Kinda like twitter ain't it?

We also have two currently available themes for you to choose from. The first, which should be the default, is our Dark theme. The other being the opposite, Light theme. You can change what theme you would like to use on the bottom left corner of the site where it would say either "Dark" or "Light".

Some of you may find that your signatures, like that of my two Battlefield Vietnam banners, are not loading. Please re-submit them through Username>Signature.

With the somewhat formal introduction over, feel free to explore our new site. Please note though that we will be adding additional stuff during the week and thus we might need to take the site down for a few hours again.

If you would like to provide us some feedback on the site and it's functionality, please do so under the Website's Official Forum. You're welcome to use this topic to comment on how the first few days go. :)

Best Regards
IceSkater

SellOut

Battlefield Vietnam & RS2:V Admin
Hi IceSkater,

This is awesome and no doubt a significant undertaking. Thank you and everyone who worked on this - migrating data is no simple task. It is a painstaking, detailed, iterative process.

In case this helps others, the What's New function allows you to search new posts. It is similar to the Active Topics feature in the last forum.
Click on What's New (upper left menu) or bookmark:
https://www.helloclan.eu/index.php?whats-new/

This is great progress - thanks so much!

IceSkater

HelloClan Leader
Thank you SellOut. :)

I've been busy the past two days adding other stuff to the website. I apologize if some of you were on when I was testing stuff, I didn't want to close the board since it wasn't hectic stuff. A lot must have been appearing and disappearing.

In short, I've added a submenu to "Home", which now includes a "Who We Are" and "Join HelloClan" buttons.

I've added the old Download page for BFV under "Downloads" tab.

I've added a "Rules & Admins" tab. Under this you can find a list of Admins across all our servers as well as the rules for BFV. To come still are rules for Rising Storm 2: Vietnam and Battlefield 1. That of course will only come with time...

I'm still busy with one or two other pages which should be up by tomorrow evening.

I hope that everyone is finding the new site to be likable. :)

Also I do apologize for the misleading "What's New" tab at the top, it's hardcoded and I just haven't had time to try rename it...

Best Regards
Ice

IceSkater

HelloClan Leader
Please note that the board might be down for a bit whilst I re-arrange the navbar and add some additional stuff. If I don't disable it, I do apologize for the mess you might see.

IceSkater

HelloClan Leader
Final Update

I have completed my re-organizing and adding of tabs for the mean time being. I also hereby declare our website properly functional. I'm waiting to just sort out our google references when someone searches for us, but that shouldn't be too great a hassle.

Our home page is our forums list aka www.helloclan.eu and should make things easy for newcomers. :)

Regards
Ice

SellOut

Battlefield Vietnam & RS2:V Admin
This site looks great with the updates! I also see you migrated the PM's - thank you for the hard work and attention to detail!

Big thanks to @IceSkater and @SucceededKiller ! This is great stuff! Last night there were ~30 players online at best and it was fun.

I think we should start a kind of "weekly game time" thing, one or two 2-3 hours periods per week when everyone should be playing. One could be on sunday evening and second one maybe on friday on some weekday. By agreeing one specific time when everyone should be online we could have gaming sessions with 30+ players.

IceSkater

HelloClan Leader
Big thanks to @IceSkater and @SucceededKiller ! This is great stuff! Last night there were ~30 players online at best and it was fun.

I think we should start a kind of "weekly game time" thing, one or two 2-3 hours periods per week when everyone should be playing. One could be on sunday evening and second one maybe on friday on some weekday. By agreeing one specific time when everyone should be online we could have gaming sessions with 30+ players.
Thank you Clint. :) It is appreciated!

Your idea is also awesome...it's just getting all our members together at once. :p Something to plan on. ;)