• Join us on Discord! To get all the info you may need click here!

Battlefield 5! What do we think?

IceSkater

HelloClan Leader

I have above the Battlefield 5 trailer!

It has finally arrived, although I am late with posting it.

What do you all think about it? Should we maybe get a server for it? ;)

Vmax

Battlefield Vietnam & RS2:V Admin
I will be getting it and playing but am usually asleep during peak playing times until my summer daylight savings time kicks in.
If we are doing to do this then we need to up and running at game release to get regular players.

SellOut

Battlefield Vietnam & RS2:V Admin
I'm in also - I'll concur with what Vmax said about getting up at release time. In the early going with Rising Storm Vietnam, we often had a full server but could not maintain that over time - maybe because we didn't have enough members on to seed it.

With Rising Storm Vietnam, many of the active servers have clan members on regularly. Maybe all HELLO members should make sure they are tagged when they play - that way we may get some more members - and members who primarily play BF5.

Graphics look sweet, hell yeah I'm in ! It may be a month or so until I get my new system up and running.
Its time for a change.

TooTall

Forum Newbie
I wish EA and or battlefield would remake Battlefield Vietnam. Could you imagine with the graphic ability today how sweet the jungle would look? I really really wish they would make that happen. I would buy a whole new computer if i needed to just to be able to play

Yok_Foo

Forum Newbie
I wish EA and or battlefield would remake Battlefield Vietnam. Could you imagine with the graphic ability today how sweet the jungle would look? I really really wish they would make that happen. I would buy a whole new computer if i needed to just to be able to play
If they ever remade this game i'd wish they stick to the art direction, Battlefield Vietnam has a slightly cartoonish color but the vehicles look very realistic, the Patton and ZSU are very realistic looking.
But what I'm trying to say is that I think slightly more color makes a warmer game, that I think BfV has succeeded in.
But EA doesn't remake their Bf games as of now, so I think we're far off getting any remakes of BfV, sadly.

I have set up a new reasonably cheap gaming PC (i5, 16 GB, GTX 1060) reinstalled BFV and BF1942 etc, and it runs BF1 OK. I've pre-paid for BF5.
Might get Rising Storm shortly also. Assuming my recent run of actually having time to play continues.
Still finding BFV the best game overall though. Especially when we get a group of 10 to 20 players together, of the usual suspects. BF1942 has only 1 remaining frequently active server and ping is a little high from Australia. But the original game is still interesting, except for the relentless team killing and own side vehicle destroying. BF1 has fantastic graphics, and I'm sure that BF5 should be more or less similar quality. Plus I'd expect have a few low ping local server, as happens for BF1.
Need to keep BFV going though. Still hasn't been improved on for game play. (Maybe PUBG excepted.)
It's a bit like chess. And there's a lot in common with the strategy. Technology independent. Can be played in software, with human or AI, with just a paper board with rocks for the pieces. Or with priceless jade carvings and jewel encrusted previous metals. It would be great to see a basic FPS like BFV just keep going for millenia too. Eventually we may have players who have no idea of what the weapons or vehicles in BFV actually represent. Just as hardly anyone cares why the rook or the bishop have the offensive capabilies in chess, based on warfare practises of the middle ages.
Basically what we need is a replica of BFV, same mix of air & ground vehicles, but with some new maps and current graphics, perhaps VR. How is Rising Storm going? I haven't tried it yet.