• Join us on Discord! To get all the info you may need click here!

[BFV] Map Rotation Order (removed maps)

Do you approve of the removals?

• Yes!

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • No.

Votes: 17 81.0%

• Total voters

IceSkater

HelloClan Leader
Something that is on the cards Wasp. :)

Once I'm content with the outcome of this topic, one of the things I will try is a time limit but this will be across all maps. There isn't really a way to set individual time limits on each map.

At the moment I'm not modifying anything for the trial because I want the votes to be from the raw play of this cycle.

Another thing is that since Vmax took the initiative, I'll see about fully allowing all admins to change maps once the trial for this is over.

right now after end of quang tri 68 run quang tri 72
8 players of 12 left
do we really need a month to get that several city maps in a row kills game?
Well Said W.A.S.P. IMO, in an effort to remove maps, they removed a few good air maps. Why on earth did they remove the awesome Fall of Saigon? The only map with the large bomber airplane and guided rocket launcher? If they want to remove maps that lose a lot of players, then please get rid of all those city maps (infantry maps) and restore air maps: Fall of Saigon, Operation Cedar Falls, & La Drang Valley.

Want remind the less variety mean faster even best map becoming boring. We going to sick to death of these maps (Hastings, Dart etc). They are very good but not very if nothing else. What about make Saigon 68 first? Someone had complaining that miss half of Hastings every joining. Air maps fans can tolerate one ground map if they sure next one is air map and disconnect for hours and days when seqence of ground maps begins.

Leaving for a while question of removed maps maybe try alternating?

Operation Hastings

Operation Flaming Dart

Hue 1968

Operation Game Warden

Siege Of Khe Sahn

Reclaming Hue

Operation Irving

Defense Of Con Thien

Quang Tri 1972

Fall Of Lang Vei

Saigon 1968

Quang Tri 1968

Same order of air maps and uniform distribution of ground maps. Every one of which can be skipped simply with agree of players and getting all flags by one team.
This is the best idea to date! As I said in my 1st post, all that was needed was to re-order maps, not remove maps. Thanks!

El Alamein

Battlefield Vietnam & RS2:V Admin
Well Said W.A.S.P. IMO, in an effort to remove maps, they removed a few good air maps. Why on earth did they remove the awesome Fall of Saigon? The only map with the large bomber airplane and guided rocket launcher? If they want to remove maps that lose a lot of players, then please get rid of all those city maps (infantry maps) and restore air maps: Fall of Saigon, Operation Cedar Falls, & La Drang Valley.
The problem is that everyone has individual tastes and getting rid of one map type is going to upset someone. Case in point: I think the city, infantry maps are great and a welcome respite from the (in my opinion)bloody helicopter spam. I'm not the only one who prefers these maps, but I know that my opinion isn't universal.

Unfortunately there isn't an easy way to please everyone.

~The Deadliest Warrior

Vmax

Unfortunately not everyone gets to play when a lot are online and and that is when those removed maps kill the server.

EDITED to get rid of my personal feelings :D

Last edited:
"awesome Fall of Saigon"

I've rarely heard it called that. With a full server, it is a good map. With fewer than twenty players, it is boring, fewer than ten a marathon. The same sort of applies with Cedar Falls, interesting map if nothing more, but for me, the tunnels offer the best gaming.

Guys, everyone has a favorite map and maps they dislike and possibly even dread. Embrace the suck. You'll find that you like the maps more than you think if you actually play them.

Older players might remember when the server would empty with Flaming Dart. Yes, Dart was a numbers killer. The NVA would kill US towers, and since towers did not respawn, it left just the spawn boat to be pounded mercilessly for the remainder of the round...every freakin' time.

Oh, and just for reference, it's Ia Drang...capital I, not L. Ia means "river" in Vietnamese, so essentially you have the battle of the Drang River Valley.

Last edited:

El Alamein

Oh, and just for reference, it's Ia Drang...capital I, not L. Ia means "river" in Vietnamese, so essentially you have the battle of the Drang River Valley.
Thanks Canada! Historical accuracy is important for us historian types! :)
~The Deadliest Warrior

EDIT: Although, to be pedantic (and what else would you expect from us historian types?) "Ia" is actually a Montagnard word for river, not a Vietnamese word. ;)

Last edited:

W.A.S.P.

Forum Newbie
Removing unwanted maps one after another, as a result we get a list consisting of Hastings and Dart. It kill game much faster than Fall of Saigon.

I don't know what else to say. It's time to accept the fact that no one will be small again and will not play here every day all day long. In the evenings there are some players, especially on weekends. Amen. More maps, good and different, it is a pity that we cant have WWII maps.

Thanks Canada! Historical accuracy is important for us historian types! :)
~The Deadliest Warrior

EDIT: Although, to be pedantic (and what else would you expect from us historian types?) "Ia" is actually a Montagnard word for river, not a Vietnamese word. ;)
Yes, that is correct. I used it in the general sense as a word of Vietnamese origin but should have been more specific.

El Alamein

Removing unwanted maps one after another, as a result we get a list consisting of Hastings and Dart. It kill game much faster than Fall of Saigon.

I don't know what else to say. It's time to accept the fact that no one will be small again and will not play here every day all day long. In the evenings there are some players, especially on weekends. Amen. More maps, good and different, it is a pity that we cant have WWII maps.
The WWII maps would be cool and a breath of fresh air, but not all players have the WWII mod, unfortunately.

~The Deadliest Warrior

IceSkater

HelloClan Leader
As it would appear,

My original judgement was correct. It was unfortunate that I had to force our regular players to miss out on some of their favorite maps to prove to those that wanted said maps removed was an idea that would not work for the entirety of the server.

All maps will be re-instated little bit later on with a different rotation and I will be speaking to my Admins about allowing them to change maps should the majority of the players online wish it so.

Thank you to all of you that have provided the input and voiced your opinion. I will take all suggestions and put them under consideration.

W.A.S.P.

Forum Newbie
Just in case, once again I will offer to alternate air maps with land maps with the order of the opposite popularity. Then the less popular ground maps will be hidden between the best air maps, and the less popular air maps will hide between the best ground maps. Given that each player has their own preferences, this could lead to a more even appeal of maps for everyone as a whole.

IceSkater

HelloClan Leader
Please note the current map order:

Code:
Operation Hastings

Operation Flaming Dart

Siege Of Khe Sahn

Hue 1968

Quang Tri 1972

Operation Game Warden

Operation Irving

Defense Of Con Thien

Reclaming Hue

Quang Tri 1968

Fall Of Lang Vei

Cambodian Incursion

Landing Zone Albany

Saigon 1968

Ho Chi Minh Trail

Fall Of Saigon

Operation Cedar Falls

La Drang Valley

Old Map Order:

Code:
Operation Hastings

Operation Flaming Dart

Hue 1968

Operation Game Warden

Siege Of Khe Sahn

Operation Irving

Defense Of Con Thien

Fall Of Lang Vei

Reclaming Hue

Quang Tri 1972

Quang Tri 1968

Saigon 1968

Ho Chi Minh Trail

Landing Zone Albany

Cambodian Incursion

Fall Of Saigon

Operation Cedar Falls

La Drang Valley

I'm using a starting point of 3 air maps, two land, 3 air, 2 land & then a rotation of air - land for the remainder maps. Please bear with me whilst we try this one out.

Also, Admins will be allowed to change maps should the majority decide.

W.A.S.P.

Forum Newbie
Any way thank you very much for let those maps back.

And special thanks for this:

Also, Admins will be allowed to change maps should the majority decide.
I can only suggest that the varieties of ground maps also alternate with each other. I mean the doubles, which are set in the same locations. For example, so called jungle maps.

mRoRange

Master Poster
As it would appear,

My original judgement was correct. It was unfortunate that I had to force our regular players to miss out on some of their favorite maps to prove to those that wanted said maps removed was an idea that would not work for the entirety of the server.

All maps will be re-instated little bit later on with a different rotation and I will be speaking to my Admins about allowing them to change maps should the majority of the players online wish it so.

Thank you to all of you that have provided the input and voiced your opinion. I will take all suggestions and put them under consideration.
That's a great idea to give the admin the flexibility to do that.

Hello all...Ice how are you friend?
So, I prefer an Original order game.

Sequence of maps of the city do not think very cool, would have to merge to reach all the tastes of the players .. independent, before all maps in any order, than to remove the good maps.

Thanks for listening

each player has preferred folders. given the number of limited players, namely in the relevant folders that one wants to remove, to make those specific folders more attractive by adding a few mods ... example was for example in the server of "Spoiler" ..
(About 4...5 years ago)?
(easy to insert )
maybe an idea .. :)