• Join us on Discord! To get all the info you may need click here!

Error number: 0X80010105 at beginning of BFV install on Windows 7 64bit

Flightplan

Forum Rookie
A few seconds after starting new BFV install on new lisenced copy of Win 7 64, with all possible updates, an error pops out. "Uhandled exception" "Error number: 0X80010105 Server threw an exception" "Installation will now terminate". Never had a problem before with Windows 7 64 bit before. It must be all the numerous windows updates that were installed. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Flightplan

Forum Rookie
Hi,

I play on Hello server from time to time. Usually on Griffin. Well, there's not many players anywhere, so I guess I don't play all the time. Besides, the weather is nice, sooo :)
So the Windows is a licensed copy and a fresh clean install on a formated disc with every possible windows upgrade downloaded and installed. I was hoping to get BFV installed too before making a system image for easy backup. I used the right button to install as admin as always, and I even turned off the anti-virus to see if it would install like that. Still no luck. I checked the registry, it was clean. No Electronic Arts there.
Any ideas would be appreciated. No hurry of course. In a few days I'll be heading out to the countryside for three days, so I'll be gone for a while anyway. What investigation I tried to do lead me to programs not having even anything to do with game installation problems, but were connected with Win7 64bit seeing 32bit files and not handling it and some focuses to get around it. I have no idea what 32 bit files in BFV install that my overly updated Win7 64 bit might have not liked.

Best Regards,
Paul