• Join us on Discord! To get all the info you may need click here!

Video card driver

W.A.S.P.

Forum Newbie
Hi, everybody.

Some time ago I was visited by a bright idea to update the video driver. As a result it was necessary to reinstall Windows, but it yet not the most terrible. The modern video driver, to my great regret, is not able to work correctly with our favorite game. In particular, I can no longer use aviation in the game, because I can not see anything through the glass of flying machines. There are no screenshots, as the PrintScreen and save gives only a dark screen as a result. In General, the glass is red and opaque, even the sights of grenade launchers. And I don't know how to find a suitable driver for a stupid old graphics card, sounds very stupid, but it is so, alas.

In system I got name: AMD Radeon R7 200. I even haven't idea how to get more detailed info:

In short, I'm desperate. :(

Vmax

Battlefield Vietnam & RS2:V Admin
Hi Wasp

There are a few of us that have the same issue and there is currently no fix for this, just a workaround.
When entering an aircraft you need to click 'C' and use the nose cam. Seatswapping is almost impossible using this method however as you will crash.

Hi, everybody.

Some time ago I was visited by a bright idea to update the video driver. As a result it was necessary to reinstall Windows, but it yet not the most terrible. The modern video driver, to my great regret, is not able to work correctly with our favorite game. In particular, I can no longer use aviation in the game, because I can not see anything through the glass of flying machines. There are no screenshots, as the PrintScreen and save gives only a dark screen as a result. In General, the glass is red and opaque, even the sights of grenade launchers. And I don't know how to find a suitable driver for a stupid old graphics card, sounds very stupid, but it is so, alas.

In system I got name: AMD Radeon R7 200. I even haven't idea how to get more detailed info:

In short, I'm desperate. :(

This may work. You will need to do a little research because I haven't done all that and I don't know your hardware specs.

1. find an older driver for the Radeon VC. I'm sure some forum will mention a version that is known to work in this case. store the driver on your desktop.
2. Next boot into safemode in windows. Once in safemode open device manger (right click my computer / PC & choose manage)
3. View by connected devices.
4. view display adapters and drill down to the Radeon VC and see if there other display adapters listed, if you see anything remove it.
5. Remove the Radeon VC as well and reboot your system.

What this accomplishes; it removes the existing VC drivers and possible old ones in your system. You can only see these drivers in Safemode . When you reboot you will notice you are in VGA mode. Now, no drivers are installed and you ready install older Driver that doesn't cause the buggy artifacts you mentioned. Be sure to write the the driver version you do have before you start so you know what to look for and know what not to reinstall.