• Join us on Discord! To get all the info you may need click here!

Battlefield 5 and other games?

IceSkater

Site Admin
Hey all!

I hope that everyone has had a good year, it's nearly the end of 2018! Sheesh...time flies...

I'd like to think it's been a good year all round, however there have been some sad moments, at least for me, but we charge on and look up.

I have a bit of news (sort of) and I'd also like to ask for your input! So let's jump straight in.

As those of you may know, we are always looking at other games to endorse if it's feasible for us to get into. Whilst we count on new players for those games, we also would like to hear the voice of our current community.

As things stand, BFV is still going well (in my books at least), after all it's players have endured it's the strongest community out there I think. So that is a server we will keep running as long as there are players. You won't need to worry about us disappearing over night.

Rising Storm 2: Vietnam is doing well all things considered, and Rambo is doing an excellent job with running it. It was recently moved by the provider without proper notification so we hit a small snag and lost our footing a bit. However it is again climbing ranks and hopefully will be back in a good position. I will update it's new IP etc little bit later as it was changed when it was moved.

Future games are currently in our sights, I thought I'd ask all of you what you think would be a good game to get into.

I've created a survey, ( I know some of you hate Polls and surveys, just bear with me please ), in it is our original plan with Battlefield 5, however we are still waiting to see if Rental or even Private servers will be available. It would still be very helpful if you can add your vote and tell us if you plan on buying Battlefield 5 regardless. Link will be at the bottom of this page.

I'd also like to ask you all to tell us what games you currently play most, as well as what games you see yourself buying in the future. Link below:

Battlefield 5 Survey: https://www.allcounted.com/s?did=cahb8rtzxblxf&lang=en_US

Gaming Survey: https://www.allcounted.com/s?did=kxn5h7n1o5xnf&lang=en_US

You are anonymous, and nothing personal about you is stored when taking the above surveys other than what you type in.

As will everything, see you on the Battlefield!

Regards
Ice / HelloClan

mRoRange

Forum Guru
Hi All,

I finally built a new PC this month and will be picking up a new graphics card and USB headphones in the next 30 days. This will allow me to play newer games and jump on discord..

BF5 is my target for 2019. I have been playing mainly BFV for years now and jump on CS servers once in a while. I hope our community here adds BF5 and keeps BFV if possible.

IceSkater

Site Admin
Hi All,

I finally built a new PC this month and will be picking up a new graphics card and USB headphones in the next 30 days. This will allow me to play newer games and jump on discord..

BF5 is my target for 2019. I have been playing mainly BFV for years now and jump on CS servers once in a while. I hope our community here adds BF5 and keeps BFV if possible.
I'm happy to hear you will be joining us on Discord soon Mr. O. It will be nice to attach a voice to a name. ;)

The polls resulted in a rather interesting outcome. A few won't be getting BF5 and good bunch play other games completely different. But as the polls were merely serving a guideline and won't actually affect what does get decided, if we do go BF5 we'll likely be getting a very small amount of current community players on there, thus our target will be more the players we have not yet encountered.

I'll update as we decide what get's done and where we go. ;)

IceSkater

Site Admin
So with news of hosted rental BF5 server still up in the air, I've decided to in the meantime try my hand at two other games.

What are our thoughts on Counter Strike Global Offensive and a recently release game called Insurgency Sandstorm?

Again, the target being new players but the voices of our current community would be greatly appreciated!

SellOut

Battlefield Vietnam Admin
Hi IceSkater,

It seems like Counter Strike Global Offensive would be the most similar to BFV gameplay than all of the options. It may be worthwhile to give it a short trial run to see if regular players like it.

Vmax

Forum Wizard
I don't know either of those games but will buy whatever we host. BFV is currently struggling during the week and not just our server as I notice they are all quiet.

SellOut

Looking at GameTracker, there seems to be substantially more players on CounterStrike 1.6 (original version) than any of the Source engine versions (Global Offensive or Source).

Maybe CounterStrike 1.6 is something we should consider?

IceSkater

Site Admin
The idea is actually already looking at Insurgency, a recently released game to maybe grow into.

Then the addition of challenging ourselves to get into an established community like that of Counter Strike. You are correct @SellOut that the original legacy Counter Strike is popular, it was an option - still is - just a couple small things need to be ironed out. :)

Rambo_FD

As said CS game style is similar to the one of BFV where Insurgency Sandstorm (ISS) is more like RS2 with a deeper focus on teamwork/tactics.
ISS is new so we have a good chance of growing with it. CS-Go is already established.
And yes CS 1.6 has always be more popular than the newer Source versions. However what hit CS reputation the most in my eyes was the decision to make it free to play after have it released as a paid game.

mRoRange

Forum Guru
CS is awesome and the game engine isn't that different than BFV. The timing may be off but the physics are similar.
I played CS from 1999-2010 heavily. Cool !