Update: I made some changes and added a few points.Dear @[RUS]WàrrióR
First of all thank you for taking the time and initiative to add more fun to maps. My suggestions below:
- All Ground & Air Maps: The BRDM Malyutka Complex is such a great defensive weapon system and the most state of the art system that NVA had. Unfortunately it is only featured in Fall of Saigon. @Petter-Pang! and I both love Fall of Saigon because of BRDM and AC-47.
- Operation Irving: Please add BDRM back to the NVA side in Operation Irving as you did a few months ago. Many of us enjoyed when you did that. That was a lot of fun
- Operation Flaming Dart: As a trial please add AC-47 bomber to Blue team if possible as a counter to NVA's Mig17 bomber in Operation Flaming Dart. We all know how NVA's Mig17's constantly destroy Blue team's towers easily but Blue team's A7 is not really as agile and doesn't have the numerous bombs that Mig17 has. Although AC-47 is very slow, it is equipped with numerous bombs and the dual gatling guns on its left side can do heavy damage to NVA's infantry with good gunners and good pilots who know how to circle enemy flags.
- Operation Flaming Dart: Please add KA-25 Hormone to NVA in Operation Flaming Dart to replace the two MI-8's which are easy target for Blue team's F4's. Two KA-25's are better counter helis to the two Cobras of Blue team. Both have heat seeking missiles. Both helis have pros and cons but they are an almost even match if you add them up. Cobra has many advantages of it's slim design, fast speed, and it's co-pilot has machine gun. Hormone is slower, fatter, and it's co-pilot doesn't have machine gun but it has radar which is very helpful in self defense and locating trouble makers.
- Operation Flaming Dart: Please add a spawn Mi-8 heli to NVA team in Operation Flaming Dart as a counter to Blue team's ACH-47 Chinook heli. Currently Blue team has three helis while NVA has only two.
- Operation Flaming Dart: Please replace jeeps with BRDM to both teams in Operation Flaming Dart as main and flag defenses, especially when all flags are lost and main is about to be raped by "certain individuals like to rack up their score" mercilessly as rightly pointed out by @hard_rice . Raping is such a shame because many players quit and this ends the maps prematurely. I have raped mains when opposite team has lost all flags, only as a response to my main being raped earlier. I try no to do this anymore because some players on the opposite team needlessly end up paying getting fragged repeatedly for their selfish teammate's earlier rape of my main. I believe making new rules < than equipping teams with proper defenses.
- Operation Hastings: Please replace jeeps with BRDM to both teams in Operation Hastings as main and flag air defenses, especially when all flags are lost and main is about to be raped by "certain individuals like to rack up their score" mercilessly as rightly pointed out by @hard_rice .
- All Ground Maps: Please add spawn-tunnels and spawn-boxes to ground maps especially if you are going to add Huey-Slicks to ground maps.
- Operation Cedar Falls: Please add at least two KA-25's and two A1 Skyraider (in 2 versions; one for anti-infantry MGs and napalm that Blue team has) to NVA team in Operation Cedar Falls. This will make the map more balanced and turn this huge map into a both ground map and air map satisfying all players. There are flat empty areas on the NE and NW of the map which can house a new airbase for NVA.
- Operation Cedar Falls: Please make one underground tunnel flag as Blue and the other as Red at the start of Operation Cedar Falls. This will encourage both team's players to spawn underground and try to capture the other flag.
- Operation Cedar Falls: Again please replace at least some of the jeeps in Operation Cedar Falls with BRDM for NVA and anti-aircraft MUTT-Jeep or M35A1 Nancy for Blue team.
- Operation Game Warden: Blue main is equipped with M55 Quad and an anti-aircraft MUTT but there are not air defenses for NVA main. Please add BRDM to NVA main and NVA flags instead of Jeeps as a counter to Blue main's air defenses.
- Siege of Khe Sahn: Please add two spawn-boxes near Blue team flags in Siege of Khe Sahn. This will counter to at least two spawn-tunnels that NVA flags get..
- Fall of Lang Vei: Fall of Lang Vei is a great balanced map but raping mains is very common in this map. It would be great to equip both mains with BRDM as a deterrent to raping. I think this is a better alternative to making the mains unconquerable.
- Fall of Lang Vei: In order to balance out both teams, please add two spawn-boxes near Blue team flags in Fall of Lang Vei. This will counter to the two spawn tunnels that NVA team flags get.
- The la Drang Valley: Please add BRDM to NVA flags to help counter Blue team's overwhelming air power. SA-7s and ZSU are easily overcome by Blue team's Hueys, Chinook ACH-47, and F4.
- The la Drang Valley: Please add an airbase for NVA equipped with one KA-25, one Mi-8,, one spawn-Mi-8, and one Mig21 to counter Blue team's air power.
- The la Drang Valley: Please add an anti-aircraft MUTT and M35A1 Nancy to Blue main for air defense to NVA's new aircraft. The current Sheridan tanks mostly sits idle in Blue main. It can stay if you like or replace with air defense vehicles.
- The la Drang Valley: If a new NVA airbase is added to this map, please make both teams have equal number of flags or close to balance the teams.
- Saigon 1968: Please replace Blue team's Huey-Slick with a Huey to counter NVA's Mi-8.
- Saigon 1968: Please add as a second heli for NVA team in the form of KA-25 and an OH-6 Loach to Blue team. Blue main already has two helipads but only one is used. One more helipad will be needed for NVA main to match both teams.
- Saigon 1968: Please add replace at least one NVA flag Jeep with a BDRM as a counter to Blue team's M35A1 Nancy.
- Defense of Con Thien: Blue main is equipped with M55 Quad and an anti-aircraft MUTT but there are not air defenses for NVA main. Please add a BRDM and a M55 Quad in NVA main to match both teams.
- Defense of Con Thien: In the middle of the two southernmost NVA flags are three M-46 artillery guns pointed towards South (Blue flags). Please add three M-110 artillery guns on the northernmost Blue flag pointing towards North (Red flags). If players man these on both sides, there can be great artillery battles on this map. Please make all artillery guns with infinite ammo.
- Reclaiming Hue: It will be so much more fun if both teams are equipped with NVA side having two KA-25s and two BDRM, and Blue team with two OH-6 Loach and two anti aircraft MUTTs.
- Hue 1968: Same as Reclaiming Hue it will be great fun if both teams are equipped with NVA side having two KA-25s and two BDRM, and Blue team with two OH-6 Loach and two anti aircraft MUTTs.
- Cambodian Incursion: Please add two M-110 artillery with indestructible and infinite ammo at the first Blue flag pointing towards the NVA main. Let both teams fire each other and may the best team win. Please make all artillery guns with infinite ammo.
- Ho Chi Minh Trail: Add three M-110 artillery guns on the other side of the river facing the Temple-Palace's M-46 artillery guns and make these too indestructible damage and infinite ammo. Once the Blue team captures the first NVA flag, they take over over the M-110 artillery guns and fire on the other side of the river. Please make all artillery guns with infinite ammo.
I would suggest top remove the choppers from this map and make bridgehouse white.Hey!
1) That would be a complicated thing to do every month... To set a good map list you should take into consideration many factors such as difference in active player base on different day of the week and time of the day (there are much more players on weekends, etc), map type (map size, air/ground type of map, popular/unpopular kind of map), etc. There should be some kind of "universal" map list, so it could be suited well enough to hold as much players as much longer on daily basis, regardless of current date and time...
For example, if you put a large map (Fall of Saigon?) on any of the first 3-4(?) positions of the map list, more likely players will leave rather than play it, if players number is low at the beginning. The same applies if there are too many ground maps in map order placed together, or 2+ large maps together (Fall of Saigon - LZA - Ia Drand Valley?).
For several months now I've been experimenting with map orders on the server so it could be good enough for everyday use. This is the current one:
hue Ground----------------------------------|------No large maps to accumulate enough players in the beginning of daily game sessions
saigon68 AIR----------------------------------|===Air/Ground/Air types of maps mixed among each other
ho_chi_minh_trail_alt Ground Jungle-------|===
operation_flaming_dart AIR-------------------|===Plenty of air vehicles, and though this map is pretty large, it's good enough for low numbers anyway
landing_zone_albany Ground *LARGE*-----|=======< 2 Large maps together, Air+Ground, placed in the middle of the list
ia_drang AIR *LARGE*-------------------------|======< so player numbers could recover if dropped
khe_sahn AIR----------------------------------|===Large maps are mixed with normal-sized
defense_of_con_thien AIR *LARGE*-----------|===Ground maps are placed between air maps
fall_of_saigon AIR *LARGE*--------------------|
ho_chi_minh_trail Ground Jungle--------------|
operation_irving AIR *LARGE*----------------|
operation_cedar_falls AIR *LARGE*-----------|
So far this map list showed good efficiency, and quite often player numbers could even hold for more than one cycle of this map order.
If you or any other players have any ideas what can be changed in this map order, please, make suggestions here. I tried many other variations and now I am out of ideas, perhaps you can figure out something better than it is now.
There were also many suggestions in the past to remove some maps from rotation, but it's not the solution. There are players out there who like even unpopular maps, so our server will stay as it is for now, AllMaps.
2) Actually, I have already tested heli on LZA one day, you must've been missed it Though there were some troubles with tunnels that day, so maybe I give this another run one day
Thanks, I was trying to bring something new and fresh in this game with custom combat options, but, as you see, there are not many suggestions or feedbacks here, so it's not going active enough as it could be going. Last time I was trying to figure out how the paranoid's idea about different kits could be implemented, but it's too complicated, so not sure if it is even possible.
Hey, good thinking about some helis on Fall of Saigon, I was thinking about that too! Without AC-47 (ah, what the hell, even with this plane) it looks like a ground map, that is even larger than LZA. Would be interesting to see how it would go with some fast transportation air vehicles, perhaps more players would like it in this way.
Do you suggest to place 2-3 slicks on each main base or 1 at each flag? Don't you think it would lead to capturing a main base by one team, so they would gain dominance in air and immediately capture the rest of the flags, so map would end quickly?
Or maybe it would be also good to make mains uncapturable? In this case map would take even longer, so players might also start leaving.
There's also possible to place huey assault and slick on USA and MI8+Mi8Cargo on NVA like on Game Warden.
There are many possible variations of this, we gotta take the best one, so it would balance the gameplay and take enough time to end this map and proceed to the next one (20-40 min round?).
What do you think?