• Join us on Discord! To get all the info you may need click here!

battlefield vietnam no crosshairs for wepons and vechicles, also cant adjust resolution.

zodiac

Forum Rookie
I have battlefield Vietnam redux 4 cd.i installed it and patched it to 1.21 from your site.game runs but no croshairs ,also resolution issue.im running windows 10,amd 3700x and a amd 5700xt video card.any help will b great ,ty

zodiac

Forum Rookie
The crosshair appears when I use the wrench and knife but when I switch to any gun there is no crosshair also when driving a vehicle like a tank no crosshair either. I Try taking a picture from my phone, it's saying the upload is too big to send

zodiac

Forum Rookie
As you could see the wrench and the knife you see the crosshair. The guns you don't.also I can't adjust the resolution in the video settings either.

[RUS]WàrrióR

HelloClan Leader
Yeah, that's a real headscratcher.. Unfortunately, I am not familiar with that kind of problem. You can try to set a different compatibility mode, like Windows XP or 98...
Maybe someone from our community have encountered such issue before?

[RUS]WàrrióR

HelloClan Leader
It can be. There are a lot of examples when players facing struggles with amd stuff like red opaque windows on helis/jets, etc, etc. It's a little weird though, that everything's fine except crosshairs.. Have you tried to install the latest available drivers? Or, if it is the latest version already, install one of the previous versions?

zodiac

Forum Rookie
Windows 10 all up-to-date, AMD chipset drivers all up-to-date, AMD adrenalin software all up-to-date. I even did a fresh install of Windows 10 again last night we did everything from scratch and still the same thing LOL,I don't understand though how I could get crosshair for the knife and the grenade, and for some of the vehicles and aircraft. But when I switch to a gun there's nothing LOL. I have a older set up that I'm going to try this on and there is a 1050ti in there along with a Intel 2 core duo. I'm going to give that a shot next

.BR.IRON MAN

Battlefield Vietnam Admin
I had some bugs with an AMD, with the Resolution, radio commands changed and other things I don't remember, in my case to work, I did the installation with the resolution update and did another profile with another name I reconfigured the resolution and played the first offline match, and it worked. try this maybe it will work =)

zodiac

Forum Rookie
I had some bugs with an AMD, with the Resolution, radio commands changed and other things I don't remember, in my case to work, I did the installation with the resolution update and did another profile with another name I reconfigured the resolution and played the first offline match, and it worked. try this maybe it will work =)
How do you go about the resolution update? I have the original 1.2 redux edition with the four CD. Iodine upgraded to the 1.2 1 through Halo clan site. When you go into the graphics options even the resolution section is frozen I can't do any adjustments in there at all. However it will let me do graphics adjustments like low medium or high settings for appearance.but switching around resolutions for instance if I want to click on to 1080p it will not let me it is frozen that whole resolution section.

.BR.IRON MAN

Battlefield Vietnam Admin
How do you go about the resolution update? I have the original 1.2 redux edition with the four CD. Iodine upgraded to the 1.2 1 through Halo clan site. When you go into the graphics options even the resolution section is frozen I can't do any adjustments in there at all. However it will let me do graphics adjustments like low medium or high settings for appearance.but switching around resolutions for instance if I want to click on to 1080p it will not let me it is frozen that whole resolution section.
As Russ Warrior had said here is the step by step link just click on spoiler, you will have to edit two files inside your game folder in the notepad, before that I recommend that you make a copy of the files before edicts, for a backup

https://www.helloclan.eu/threads/8853/

zodiac

Forum Rookie
Have you tried the cross hair controls given in the Profiles option? FTW?View attachment 243
Very interesting I'm going to look into that.
Went in there there is no crosshair on the left side like you have in your attachment .when I try to create a new profile it's locking me out I can't do nothing. Meaning it won't let me write my name or anything in the two slots. Also when I try to delete the current profile it's saying I cannot delete custom profile

zodiac

Forum Rookie
Have you tried the cross hair controls given in the Profiles option? FTW?View attachment 243
There is no crosshair on the left side like you have in your attachment.also it will not let me change anything in the profile when I hit change profile it erases everything but when I go to write something in there I can't. Also when I hit the delete profile it's saying I cannot delete custom profile.