• Join us on Discord! To get all the info you may need click here!

battlefield vietnam no crosshairs for wepons and vechicles, also cant adjust resolution.

hard_rice

Battlefield Vietnam Admin
Once you have the Options page up use the curser to click on the box for player name. I can then hit back space to delete the current name and type in a new name. Then you need to click save and exit the game completely in order for the name to be saved. I have never been able to save more than one profile at a time so do not concern yourself with multiple profiles. Now restart the game and see what happens. Good luck.

Battlefield Vietnam Screenshot 2020.03.04 - 13.41.25.57.png

zodiac

Forum Rookie
Once you have the Options page up use the curser to click on the box for player name. I can then hit back space to delete the current name and type in a new name. Then you need to click save and exit the game completely in order for the name to be saved. I have never been able to save more than one profile at a time so do not concern yourself with multiple profiles. Now restart the game and see what happens. Good luck.

View attachment 245
[/QUOTE

View attachment 245
I'm wondering though if it's a conflict from upgrading from 1.2 redux. I never did try to play the game in 1.2 maybe I should do that. I am running Windows 10. And I know that is DirectX 12. And I know this game runs off of 9 direct x. Is that a conflict? I don't know. Maybe I should just install XP and be done with it LOL. But I'm not going to stop till I get this thing going whatever it takes.

.BR.IRON MAN

You may not have found the link step by step, so here is the text, but be careful, before editing your files it is very important that you make a copy and put it in another folder, so if the procedure doesn't work you can undo it it.

This procedure involves editing two game files:
Note that the folder where the Video settings is in, probably won't be the same name as your In-game name, it will instead be your "Profile Name", you can find that out by launching your game and going to "Profiles", click on the one you use currently and it will show "Game Name" & "Profile Name", you're profile name is what we need to get to the next step.

The below is the path for where to edit the video settings, the below are all folders that you need to go into to get to the next:
Code:
C:\Users
\*your windows user name*
\AppData
\Local
\VirtualStore
\Program Files (x86)
\EA GAMES
\Battlefield Vietnam
\Mods\BfVietnam
\settings
\Profiles
\Your Profile Folder
Inside your Profile folder is where we will find the files we need to edit:
Code:
Video.con
VideoCustom.con
Go to the directory location as mentioned above, open up the folder that has your profile name on it.
Once in there open "Video.con" with notepad and you will see the below line, note that I've already edited it so it has my current graphics settings already.
Code:
game.setGameDisplayMode 1920 1080 32 0
Edit the above line to suit you're graphics settings. You shouldn't have to change the "32" or the "0" as that can be where some issues lay.

Next open "VideoCustom.con" and edit these two lines:
Code:
game.setDisplayMode 1920 1080 32 0
Again, edit the graphics settings exactly as you have done in the first file and leave the "32" & "0" as is.

Once you have done both files make sure to right click on both and make sure "Read Only" is checked.

.BR.IRON MAN

Good Morning
here are the settings I use, the first two documents are related to the resolution and the third is the document that contains the configuration on the crosshairs, follow the path mentioned above and find them, please kindly take a print of the three and post here to make a comparison.

.BR.IRON MAN

I change the resolution to 1080p that's about it
note that the resolution placed on my computer is not the same as the instructions above, they are the resolution of my computer, you have to go to the video properties of your computer and see and what is the resolution of your screen and replace the first two values

zodiac

Forum Rookie
You may not have found the link step by step, so here is the text, but be careful, before editing your files it is very important that you make a copy and put it in another folder, so if the procedure doesn't work you can undo it it.

This procedure involves editing two game files:
Note that the folder where the Video settings is in, probably won't be the same name as your In-game name, it will instead be your "Profile Name", you can find that out by launching your game and going to "Profiles", click on the one you use currently and it will show "Game Name" & "Profile Name", you're profile name is what we need to get to the next step.

The below is the path for where to edit the video settings, the below are all folders that you need to go into to get to the next:
Code:
C:\Users
\*your windows user name*
\AppData
\Local
\VirtualStore
\Program Files (x86)
\EA GAMES
\Battlefield Vietnam
\Mods\BfVietnam
\settings
\Profiles
\Your Profile Folder
Inside your Profile folder is where we will find the files we need to edit:
Code:
Video.con
VideoCustom.con
Go to the directory location as mentioned above, open up the folder that has your profile name on it.
Once in there open "Video.con" with notepad and you will see the below line, note that I've already edited it so it has my current graphics settings already.
Code:
Edit the above line to suit you're graphics settings. You shouldn't have to change the "32" or the "0" as that can be where some issues lay.

Next open "VideoCustom.con" and edit these two lines:
Code:
game.setDisplayMode 1920 1080 32 0
Again, edit the graphics settings exactly as you have done in the first file and leave the "32" & "0" as is.

Once you have done both files make sure to right click on both and make sure "Read Only" is checked.
The thing is it won't let me make a profile name. For some crazy reason it's locked in as a custom profile.
Good Morning
here are the settings I use, the first two documents are related to the resolution and the third is the document that contains the configuration on the crosshairs, follow the path mentioned above and find them, please kindly take a print of the three and post here to make a comparison.

View attachment 249
Ty

x4|Al Gore

Normal Poster
@zodiac Would you mind sharing specs of your PC, brand, model number, upgrades, etc?

FYI, I recently purchased an ASUS TUF FX505DY gaming laptop with AMD Ryzen 5, AMD Radeon RX560X GPU (2GB), 8GB Ram (upgraded to 16GB). I downloaded BFV Game files (1.60GB) from a website. Then No CD Key patch 1.21, and added my CD Key, and BFV is working perfectly. Today I downloaded and installed SoundFix so that I can hear Radio Commands, game special effect sounds, and in-game music. I didn't have to do any configuration. Simply added my BFV screen name. This has been a smooth operation instead of the traditional game installation. Simply click on the exe file and the game starts. I suggest you uninstall the game and use the above steps. I Googled where to download BFV game files but if you need the link I used PM me.

BarFly

Forum Rookie
If you change the profile name to f.a.e 1 and save. In this case you will have two profiles. Save another name with profile name 2 and you will have three :)
Check if it works for you, it sure does here.

BR
/Bar

zodiac

Forum Rookie
If you change the profile name to f.a.e 1 and save. In this case you will have two profiles. Save another name with profile name 2 and you will have three :)
Check if it works for you, it sure does here.

BR
/Bar
I can't even put one profile in there it has me locked out. It has it as a custom profile but I never made a profile in the first place when I go to try and delete it it says that you cannot delete a custom profile. The two boxes where you fill in your info you can't do nothing in there.I think I'm just going to try version 1.2 without the update to 1.21 and see what happens.

zodiac

Forum Rookie
@zodiac Would you mind sharing specs of your PC, brand, model number, upgrades, etc?

FYI, I recently purchased an ASUS TUF FX505DY gaming laptop with AMD Ryzen 5, AMD Radeon RX560X GPU (2GB), 8GB Ram (upgraded to 16GB). I downloaded BFV Game files (1.60GB) from a website. Then No CD Key patch 1.21, and added my CD Key, and BFV is working perfectly. Today I downloaded and installed SoundFix so that I can hear Radio Commands, game special effect sounds, and in-game music. I didn't have to do any configuration. Simply added my BFV screen name. This has been a smooth operation instead of the traditional game installation. Simply click on the exe file and the game starts. I suggest you uninstall the game and use the above steps. I Googled where to download BFV game files but if you need the link I used PM me.
What link would that be?

TheNME

if your running the game in windows 10 you have to go to the compatibility mode page and change it to Win 98/Me and check the run as administrator on that same page

TheNME

to get to the compatibility mode page right click the BFV Icon and select properties then "Compatibility"

[RUS]WàrrióR

HelloClan Leader
Have you tried to reinstall the game from a different source? The chances that you have some missing or corrupted files are slim, but still...
You mentioned the rollback to previous 1.2 version, did it help?