• Join us on Discord! To get all the info you may need click here!

New SSM maps

Pipiska Cheburator

Forum Newbie
First of all, I want to say hello to all users of the Hello clan and apologize me for my bad english (use translater), I've been here recently, although I've been playing on the Battlefield Vietnam server for about a year.
So to the topic - I'm do not like changing gameplay, but I like to improve balance and gameplay, so I want to offer for all you some modifications for battlefield maps. ( Of course all this if you like and the admins want to put on the server.)
And I want to start from a Flaming dart map. So first of all now almost all objects are linked to the towers, and if the tower is destroyed, for example, quad 50 will no longer appear. Below are screenshots of new vehicles and places of appearance. To the best balance now only 1 phantom and a cobra on the ARVN side. Added ka25 for NVA. The Mig21 and Mig 17 planes are now in every hangar. Added usa box and NVA tunnel (not linked to towers) . Also on all towers added few helis and AA vehicles (mutt on ARVN side) Now Tango (Also not linked to tower due to balance game) have own HUE chopper at the deck and it will be appear always on tango whatever place it will have.All flags are white from start game
Also need to say that now cobra and ka25 sitjumpers wait on a surprize - they can shot but one time - after chopper fall down - i hate sitjumpers )
Why i make this thread - i like BFV, but i understood that game is dead. only couple people (20-30) play it. So i want to make it little bit better. All this i done on a KGC server with Barfly (Hi Bar hope you will not against about this) so you can test this map (and some others if you want) in game right now on KGC, but unfortunatelly KGC server is not pupular like HELLO - so if you want and like this new improvements leave a coment, but i want say - if you want some turbo jeep o hyperjet - forget about it - i like default game play only with fair improvements

1594463572882.png
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Pipiska Cheburator

Forum Newbie
If you have this in KGC and nobody plays there it's maybe for a reason. Thank you anyway for the PUB
At our days people play only on servers that they know - it it a luck if somebody comes who never come to our server, no we have 3-5 people who play at KGC and they like, but i create these thread here because i see how many players play at standart maps by a years with some bugs and non balance thing in game

[RUS]WàrrióR

HelloClan Leader
HELLO server has always been associated exceptionally with the classic game experience and default maps. It remains so for years, and this is what our players like about it.

I strongly disagree with you. Battlefield Vietnam will never die until we play it, you should less listen to BarFly. Our numbers are almost always the same, as most of our community members are oldtimers. Despite having struggles with setting up and joining multiplayer game, from time to time we have several new players as well.

As for me, I don't see any balance or gameplay improvements by placing a bunch of different flying stuff in multiple quantity around the map. I have tried to implement something similar to bring something new in game: https://www.helloclan.eu/threads/8972/ . But, it was supposed to be on a temporary basis and by changing only minor things around and it is postponed for now due to the lack of players and feedbacks.

Let's see what other players think of your proposal.

Pipiska Cheburator

Forum Newbie
HELLO server has always been associated exceptionally with the classic game experience and default maps. It remains so for years, and this is what our players like about it.

I strongly disagree with you. Battlefield Vietnam will never die until we play it, you should less listen to BarFly. Our numbers are almost always the same, as most of our community members are oldtimers. Despite having struggles with setting up and joining multiplayer game, from time to time we have several new players as well.

As for me, I don't see any balance or gameplay improvements by placing a bunch of different flying stuff in multiple quantity around the map. I have tried to implement something similar to bring something new in game: https://www.helloclan.eu/threads/8972/ . But, it was supposed to be on a temporary basis and by changing only minor things around and it is postponed for now due to the lack of players and feedbacks.

Let's see what other players think of your proposal.
Well Bar was actually agree with you in that case. It was ctually my idea to modernize maps, The main goal is to some balcance - for example take a 2 fantoms on Dart map - it is unbalanced - it is easy to shoot selfguided missle and take down anybody - because of that i place only 1 on map and encrease time to spawn at 45 sec. Also with cobra - it is to hard to hit on it and some "some fair" players can shoot from copilot seat with heatseaker missle, it is also not good, In my version it fixed. and many other things.
Take also hastings map - there no AA vehicles and some players who cant fly become an easy target for good pilots, and if they have ZU57 or Nancy they have more chances and gameplay was more fair in that case.

But i already see that people not happy to see some changes, well let this thread be here - we will see, but i think better will be if we set it on server - and all will be see there - like people it or maybe not.

mRoRange

Forum Guru
Well Bar was actually agree with you in that case. It was ctually my idea to modernize maps, The main goal is to some balcance - for example take a 2 fantoms on Dart map - it is unbalanced - it is easy to shoot selfguided missle and take down anybody - because of that i place only 1 on map and encrease time to spawn at 45 sec. Also with cobra - it is to hard to hit on it and some "some fair" players can shoot from copilot seat with heatseaker missle, it is also not good, In my version it fixed. and many other things.
Take also hastings map - there no AA vehicles and some players who cant fly become an easy target for good pilots, and if they have ZU57 or Nancy they have more chances and gameplay was more fair in that case.

But i already see that people not happy to see some changes, well let this thread be here - we will see, but i think better will be if we set it on server - and all will be see there - like people it or maybe not.
I was a TKO Admin years ago and TKO exclusively ran SSM maps and it had its hayday with #1 rankings for a few years. The thing with SSM is they fizzle out and people dont always want to play with the add-on's and constantly downloading maps. I play CounterStrike often and they have have many modded maps and extras. They do get tiring because there are very few SSM maps that are liked by the masses. Also people have grown tired of the BGV game engine. It does have a slight arcade feel and result during gameplay, thats whats fun about it IMO. This is why you hear so many people say how come you didn't die or how did you do that. Its the game engine in many cases its " arcade-centric" in my opinion. Then there is the exploits. This server is known for its " as-is" maps period. If you switch to SSM we will lose the lion share of the population and its that simple. The other issue TKO would have is when you do have a very popular SSM map like " Tunnels" once the map switches you lose all the players again and population momentum cant be sustained. This up and down server population will kill a server.