• Join us on Discord! To get all the info you may need click here!

How to tell the currently installed version of BfVietnam.exe?

Tex

Forum Newbie
Just getting back into BFV after many years. It is already installed on my PC, but of course will not run on W10. I was going to apply the no-cd patch, but not sure if I have 1.2 or 1.21. I checked the .exe properties and can't see a version, but the file date on it is 10-19-2004. Would anyone know the version? Otherwise I guess I can try to apply the 1.21 patch again to be sure.

Thanks and looking forward to some fun.

LTShaun

Battlefield Vietnam Admin
Just getting back into BFV after many years. It is already installed on my PC, but of course will not run on W10. I was going to apply the no-cd patch, but not sure if I have 1.2 or 1.21. I checked the .exe properties and can't see a version, but the file date on it is 10-19-2004. Would anyone know the version? Otherwise I guess I can try to apply the 1.21 patch again to be sure.

Thanks and looking forward to some fun.
Hey, launch the game and it will tell you the version on the bottom right corner of the menu screen!

Tex

Forum Newbie
Hey, launch the game and it will tell you the version on the bottom right corner of the menu screen!
I can't launch the game until I NOCD patch it. Believe me that was the first thing I tried and it will not launch. Nothing happens at all when I try.

Jum_P

Forum Rookie
Try to find info about your version in registry (regedit standart windows tool). I have never used win 10, but i dont think that its registry differs so much from older windows, so take a look at string value "INSTALLEDVERSION" at "Computer/HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\EA GAMES\Battlefield Vietnam". Or you can try to find it by using search option. Sure you will find other "INSTALLEDVERSION" strings, but there is no so much of them in registry (even less then 10), The one you need you can recognize by some words in path to it "Batllefield Vietnam, EA GAMES", etc.

[RUS]WàrrióR

HelloClan Leader
You can also find it in this file:
Your Battlefield Vietnam Folder\Mods\BfVietnam\init.con

Take a look on game.CustomGameVersion variable, for v1,21 it is:
game.CustomGameVersion 1.21

Tex

Forum Newbie
Thanks for the help. I am 1.21 and patched for nocd running on Win 10!! (with some minor video resolution issues). :)