What's new
  • Join us on Discord! To get all the info you may need click here!

Battlefield Vietnam: Fill The Server Event

We are going to prove just how far from dead Battlefield Vietnam is! Join us for the event, let's fill the server! Click here and drop the post a like if you'll be joining us! This countdown is for the GMT+2 timezone.

The event is live! Join us for this weekend, let's fill the server! Click here to check out the details!

Latest Website Updates:

IceSkater

Forum Rookie
HelloClan Leader
Battlefield Vietnam Admin
HelloClan Member
Registered
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
Please note the latest changes made to the website below:

New forum structure:

In the past, categories such as "Battlefield Vietnam" for example contained a forum within itself, thus users would post directly into there and generally not make use of the actual correct subforums. This has now been removed. All the forum sections have been re-built with an improved structure.

BB Code errors:

There was an issue where using BB code in DM's would create error messages, I'm not sure if users who sent DM's experienced this but it was noted in the server log. This issue has now been fixed and all BB code should be working perfectly fine.

Theme / Style:

I've recently upgraded the Light theme for the website, which is the default, there are some minute changes visibly but most of the changes are hidden in the code. During this upgrade, I also looked at the dark theme, however I've noticed there is a small incompatibility issue with it with some pages and certain forum sections. Thus for the mean time being, until I can find a dark style that that is compatible and also fully responsive (i.e. universally useable across different devices). As a further result, the option to change themes is obviously disabled until that time comes.

I realize the dark theme is favored by some and I apologize for this.

New Category - Player & Admin Reports:

When I say new, I've actually just brought it to the top and moved it. This category is now found under the "HelloClan Gaming" section visible on the home forum page (https://www.helloclan.eu). This was done with the idea to make reporting players even easier, without having to navigate to the Battlefield Vietnam section, then the report section. Short links for the report section have also been made and are reflecting across our platforms.

More readily accessible info for BFV:

I have also re-done the Help section under BFV. It is now titled "Support & FAQ's. This section contains two sub-sections. The first being the "FAQ's & Resources" section, of which contains the most common BFV issues we know about and their relevant fix.

The second sub-section contains the "Support" section. This is where a user can tell us what hassles they are having. Also, these forums have their own set of custom links which will be displayed across our platforms.

Finally, the Affiliation Program:

Officially, we are now accepting applications to become partners with other communities. This is with the idea in mind to further spread the news of HelloClan, whilst also assisting a few other communities along the way that are not direct competition to us. If you would like to learn more, please visit following link: https://www.helloclan.eu/affiliate/info

Not related to the forum exactly, but the Discord server has also received a slight overhaul. Changes having been made to make navigation easier and collected resources in one channel.

I hope that the changes I've made are welcome, if you have another suggestion, please let me know here. :)

Regards,
Ice

IceSkater

Forum Rookie
HelloClan Leader
HelloClan Member
Registered
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
FURTHER UPDATE:

Introducing a possibly useless feature to everyone else but myself and possibly admins!

DM conversation folders are here! Organize your DM's into different folders / categories within your inbox!

IceSkater

Forum Rookie
HelloClan Leader
HelloClan Member
Registered
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
FURTHER, FURTHER UPDATE:

It was very long overdue, but I've finally restored nearly all of the forum topics that remained from the old site. This included events, teams, divisions & media etc. If you were ever looking for a post and couldn't find it, chances are now that you will find it. :)

IceSkater

Forum Rookie
HelloClan Leader
HelloClan Member
Registered
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
Additional Update:

I have enabled the social fields and upgraded the custom fields for the most common social media fields. If you filled these out when you created your profile here, such as location etc, you'll see it will show up on your profile posts.

You can add your steam name, insta, twitter & facebook names (provided you want to share this publicly), in short course I will also create the custom field for Origin, Twitch & youtube.

These things are of course completely optional for you to add, it's only there to be more interactive or to share your platforms.

IceSkater

Forum Rookie
HelloClan Leader
HelloClan Member
Registered
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
New Update:

Introducing the ability to add a bit of color to your username. Head over to your account details page: https://www.helloclan.eu/account/account-details and you will see right at the top that you can choose from a preset list of colors.

For Admins, you specifically have access to the same color that your user group is. If you want, I'd suggest changing to this color so it matches. ;)

I will in due course be making a usergroup specially for HelloClan members that will also have access a very special name color.

If you have color suggestions, drop them here with an @IceSkater mention. ;)

IceSkater

Forum Rookie
HelloClan Leader
HelloClan Member
Registered
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
NEW UPDATE:

I've now added the user group "HelloClan Member". I've also restructured how user groups are shown. I digress at the moment they don't look so cool, but it's a work in progress.

With the HelloClan member, users who are HelloClan members will be added to the group which shows they're a HC member and they will have access to the "HelloClan Member Gold" user name color available from the Account Settings page.

So attention all HC members, please drop me a DM or mention here or anywhere basically so that I can add you. I will only be adding the active people at the moment.

Regards,
Ice

IceSkater

Forum Rookie
HelloClan Leader
HelloClan Member
Registered
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
UPDATE:

The previous plugin I was using for username color changes appeared to have an issue after a certain number of users changed their name colors. So I've opted for a more normal method. This time it's not locked to user groups or anything. The first two colors are of course used by staff but I'll work around that. The third color on the first row is the actual HelloClan Member Gold color if you want to use that as a HelloClan Member.

1610769586844.png

I've not locked them to groups as mentioned, so you can have any color there that you may fancy. :)

Along with this update there comes something else:

You can now change your username without having to ask a forum staff member and you can also deactivate your account as well as reactivate it without staff intervention. :)

Regards,
Ice

IceSkater

Forum Rookie
HelloClan Leader
HelloClan Member
Registered
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
UPDATE:

I've changed and uploaded a few different backgrounds for the site! Check them out by heading to the customize option either to the right of your profile at the top or at the bottom left hand corner as so:

1611515625932.png

1611515641556.png

I've included the old fashioned Battlefield Vietnam background from the old site, for those feeling nostalgic. ;) I'll look at a dark theme as soon as I can.

-[HELLO]-Al Gore

Forum Rookie
HelloClan Member
Registered
Reaction score
Hello Ice,
Is it possible to bring back that Site Navigation menu button Latest Forum Activity? I used it on a daily basis to catch up on all of the forum. As soon as I clicked it, I would see the latest unread threads throughout the forum. But that button has disappeared now and I have to go to each section to read new posts. Here's a screenshot of what it looked like before the update:
Site Navigations (2).jpg

IceSkater

Forum Rookie
HelloClan Leader
HelloClan Member
Registered
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
Hello Ice,
Is it possible to bring back that Site Navigation menu button Latest Forum Activity? I used it on a daily basis to catch up on all of the forum. As soon as I clicked it, I would see the latest unread threads throughout the forum. But that button has disappeared now and I have to go to each section to read new posts. Here's a screenshot of what it looked like before the update:
View attachment 497
Hey there Al,

I've streamlined and personalized it a bit. When you're logged in you will have similar options under the Site Navigation Tab. Such as the latest profile posts, your personalized news feed as well as quick links for your watched forums and watched threads. :) As seen below:

Screenshot 2021-01-27 195619.png

Anything under the profile tabs etc will actually have a button for the latest forum activity. Though, I will re-add the favored "Latest Forum Activity" tab back later on, I'm currently tweaking the site - since I'm done with Discord's overhaul, I'm looking at the site now, and so I've re-designed the navigation menus etc.

Regards,
Ice

IceSkater

Forum Rookie
HelloClan Leader
HelloClan Member
Registered
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
UPDATE:

By now, some of you may have been spammed a little through your alert boxes (I'm sorry), but I was busy fixing up the Trophy system. You can now earn trophies based on how many messages you have posted here on the forums!

I am still busy adding stuff to it, but you will also be able to earn trophies for how users react to your messages i.e. like etc.

It's split into two categories:

Message Trophies - you will receive points from each trophy (see below) that will advance your user title.

Reaction Trophies - you won't receive any points from these.

The user title that you can climb by earning Message Trophies are as follows:

1613075616435.png

The relevant title for each trophy can be seen in the description of it. For example, the First Contact trophy will give you the Forum Newbie title. It goes all the way up to Grand Master at 2000 Messages posted.

Special trophies will be setup, but they won't be mentioned here. ;)

Regards,
Ice

IceSkater

Forum Rookie
HelloClan Leader
HelloClan Member
Registered
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
UPDATE:

I have now embedded our official twitter feed into the what's new page. So you will see it on the left hand side of the page like so:
1613664115351.png

Further, I will be dropped a new footer later with a list of all our social links and other quick links. :) It is a footer, so it will just make the page a bit longer. Also as I am busy taking over the old twitter account...

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER! : https://twitter.com/helloclan

IceSkater

Forum Rookie
HelloClan Leader
HelloClan Member
Registered
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
Edit:

The footer is now up. It will be tweaked a little along the way.

Any thoughts on it's appearance? :D

1613666469264.png

IceSkater

Forum Rookie
HelloClan Leader
HelloClan Member
Registered
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
UPDATE:

The What's New page aka Latest Forum Posts / Activity is now known as Activity Hub.

The navigation bar has also been changed slightly. The Site Navigation tab now looks like this:

Screenshot 2021-02-22 072546.png

A new tab will be visible to registered members when logged in, it's called "For You" and it looks like this:

1613971617262.png

Regards,
Ice