What's new
  • Join us on Discord! To get all the info you may need click here!

Battlefield Vietnam: Fill The Server Event

We are going to prove just how far from dead Battlefield Vietnam is! Join us for the event, let's fill the server! Click here and drop the post a like if you'll be joining us! This countdown is for the GMT+2 timezone.

The event is live! Join us for this weekend, let's fill the server! Click here to check out the details!

What Games Do You Play?

Do you play any of these games?

• Apex Legends

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Valorant

• Call of Duty: Warzone

• Total voters

IceSkater

Forum Rookie
HelloClan Leader
Battlefield Vietnam Admin
HelloClan Member
Registered
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
Good day there HelloClan!

I hope everyone is well and safe?

We're looking at expanding slightly, if possible, and for this to happen we need to find out some info from our members! Grouped as the common popular games, which of the ones mentioned in the poll above do you play?

Help us out by answering the poll or providing your answer in a response to this thread, so we can gather some info and take the correct action!

Of course, expansion is always difficult, especially if competing with already established communities. Though we can try right? If these games get the right responses, or if we are provided with alternatives in the responses to this topic, we will branch out and start a community for that game (or games) and see how we fare. I have already posted a similar poll on our Discord server, though I wanted to be extra thorough and post one here too.

I look forward to your responses and votes!

Regards,
Ice

HoloDuke

Normal Poster
Registered
Reaction score
I voted for CS:GO and Battlefield 5. Counterstrike may be interesting because it has a similar game perspective as BFV and it works well with varying user populations. With CS:GO, can you choose a server to join?

-[HELLO]-Al Gore

Forum Rookie
HelloClan Member
Registered
Reaction score
BFV is such a terrific game that I have been addicted since 2005 (yes I was a year late to this game). I play BFV 99% of the time. However, I do occasionally play CSGO (I haven't played CSGO in 6 months though). I also restarted playing Team Fortress (1) recently. I occasionally play Day of Defeat (1) and Day of Defeat Source once in a while. I reinstalled Battlefield 2 last summer just to try it out its POE mod again but uninstalled it within a few weeks. I find BFV's POE mod better in many ways. Thanks IceSkater

IceSkater

Forum Rookie
HelloClan Leader
HelloClan Member
Registered
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
I voted for CS:GO and Battlefield 5. Counterstrike may be interesting because it has a similar game perspective as BFV and it works well with varying user populations. With CS:GO, can you choose a server to join?
Thanks for your vote SellOut. :) Because CS:GO offers private and dedicated servers, you can connect directly via:
Add the server to favourites from in game or out of game through steam. You do this by bringing up the server window, and clicking on the Add A Server button and it will ask you to add the server address to the window and then it will always be there.

BFV is such a terrific game that I have been addicted since 2005 (yes I was a year late to this game). I play BFV 99% of the time. However, I do occasionally play CSGO (I haven't played CSGO in 6 months though). I also restarted playing Team Fortress (1) recently. I occasionally play Day of Defeat (1) and Day of Defeat Source once in a while. I reinstalled Battlefield 2 last summer just to try it out its POE mod again but uninstalled it within a few weeks. I find BFV's POE mod better in many ways. Thanks IceSkater

Wow Al! I'm glad you're a hardcore BFV gamer. Haha! Thank you for the detailed response.

Hi SellOut. In my experience CS:GO picks a server for us automatically. I don't think we can pick a server. I may be wrong.

I'm just throwing the ball around here to see what's popular now. Seeing what the majority prefers and seeing what the minority prefers. It's not going to happen overnight, at the moment it's just planning stage.

Regards,
Ice

Vmax

Normal Poster
HelloClan Member
Registered
Reaction score
Real Name
Rob
BF Vietnam. BFV(BF5) and WoW.

Last edited:

LTShaun

Forum Rookie
HelloClan Member
Registered
Reaction score
Good day there HelloClan!

I hope everyone is well and safe?

We're looking at expanding slightly, if possible, and for this to happen we need to find out some info from our members! Grouped as the common popular games, which of the ones mentioned in the poll above do you play?

Help us out by answering the poll or providing your answer in a response to this thread, so we can gather some info and take the correct action!

Of course, expansion is always difficult, especially if competing with already established communities. Though we can try right? If these games get the right responses, or if we are provided with alternatives in the responses to this topic, we will branch out and start a community for that game (or games) and see how we fare. I have already posted a similar poll on our Discord server, though I wanted to be extra thorough and post one here too.

I look forward to your responses and votes!

Regards,
Ice
I Play Battlefield Vietnam 80% of the time.

I play Battlefield 1942 as well quite often on the modded side. Forgotten Hope Secret Weapon is a great mod, as well as Desert Combat!

I have counterstrike 1.6 installed and I play that seldom, too much sand lol.

Lastly my top other games would be
Silent Hunter 3 and Call of Duty: Word at war.

As you can tell all of these games are from early to mid 2000’s and I haven’t branched out to newer games much as my PC is still kicking on Windows XP 😂, I built this machine custom back in 2006 with all top of the line hardware available at the time.

In conclusion, my opinion on this matter of HELLO clan expanding into another game my vote lies with Battlefield 1942 and/or Call of Duty: World at War.

I would be willing to give CS:GO a try provided that there is a free version available that doesn’t require Steam just like CS:1.6...another limitation to windows XP is that it is no longer supported by Steam.

On the other hand maybe I could give Windows 7 a try. I’m stubborn I guess...

Regards, Shaun.

LTShaun

Forum Rookie
HelloClan Member
Registered
Reaction score
An extra thought also is that most of our players probably prefer BFV or BF1942 because the system requirements are so minimal that the cheapest PC or Laptop on the market would probably run these games flawlessly at max settings...

IceSkater

Forum Rookie
HelloClan Leader
HelloClan Member
Registered
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
BFVietnam - 90% of the time
PES2017 and COD's - 10% of the time
I see BFVietnam is definitely a favored game here. :D I wonder if we make a server for it... :D

BF Vietnam. BFV and WoW.
Thank you the input there Vmax!

I Play Battlefield Vietnam 80% of the time.

I play Battlefield 1942 as well quite often on the modded side. Forgotten Hope Secret Weapon is a great mod, as well as Desert Combat!

I have counterstrike 1.6 installed and I play that seldom, too much sand lol.

Lastly my top other games would be
Silent Hunter 3 and Call of Duty: Word at war.

As you can tell all of these games are from early to mid 2000’s and I haven’t branched out to newer games much as my PC is still kicking on Windows XP 😂, I built this machine custom back in 2006 with all top of the line hardware available at the time.

In conclusion, my opinion on this matter of HELLO clan expanding into another game my vote lies with Battlefield 1942 and/or Call of Duty: World at War.

I would be willing to give CS:GO a try provided that there is a free version available that doesn’t require Steam just like CS:1.6...another limitation to windows XP is that it is no longer supported by Steam.

On the other hand maybe I could give Windows 7 a try. I’m stubborn I guess...

Regards, Shaun.
My namesake is definitely super active. Keeping up with all my spam! Aha! Another man of class! Silent Hunter 3 was the best in my opinion, of all the other SH games.

Please! For all that is holy...upgrade your OS! :|

BF1942 is extremely competitive with other pre-existing communities. Though...it does give me an idea. Let me simmer on that for a bit.

CS:GO is free to play at the moment, but unfortunately only through Steam. :(

LTShaun

Forum Rookie
HelloClan Member
Registered
Reaction score
I see BFVietnam is definitely a favored game here. :D I wonder if we make a server for it... :D

Thank you the input there Vmax!

My namesake is definitely super active. Keeping up with all my spam! Aha! Another man of class! Silent Hunter 3 was the best in my opinion, of all the other SH games.

Please! For all that is holy...upgrade your OS! :|

BF1942 is extremely competitive with other pre-existing communities. Though...it does give me an idea. Let me simmer on that for a bit.

CS:GO is free to play at the moment, but unfortunately only through Steam. :(
Well I do have the SSD space on my OS drive so maybe I shall try out Win7 as a dual boot and see how it goes 🙂

IceSkater

Forum Rookie
HelloClan Leader
HelloClan Member
Registered
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
Well I do have the SSD space on my OS drive so maybe I shall try out Win7 as a dual boot and see how it goes 🙂
Please do! :| I do always, even with a dual boot, suggest a complete backup of whatever is on your system drive.

Nitrofish

Forum Newbie
Registered
Reaction score
just BFV for me.

I have the Battlefield 1942 Complete Collection box set from 2005-ish so if I can ever figure out how to get them installed I'll give those a try.

I have also played Wolfenstein Enemy Territory but too much anymore.

IceSkater

Forum Rookie
HelloClan Leader
HelloClan Member
Registered
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
just BFV for me.

I have the Battlefield 1942 Complete Collection box set from 2005-ish so if I can ever figure out how to get them installed I'll give those a try.

I have also played Wolfenstein Enemy Territory but too much anymore.
This BfVietnam game must really be popular. 😂 Another credit to 1942. Thank you Nitro! :)

.BR.IRON MAN

Forum Newbie
Registered
Reaction score
When I go to play, sometimes I venture to BF 1942, I really like its main theme, but right after that I play here again, the good old BFV, XD

IceSkater

Forum Rookie
HelloClan Leader
HelloClan Member
Registered
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
When I go to play, sometimes I venture to BF 1942, I really like its main theme, but right after that I play here again, the good old BFV, XD
Haha, I'm impressed that 1942 is so popular still. It may be another idea for sure.

Again, at the moment I'm just throwing the ball around to get an idea of what's what. So please keep the suggestions and voting coming!

Regards,
Ice

-[HELLO]-Al Gore

Forum Rookie
HelloClan Member
Registered
Reaction score
May I suggest BFV Mods as well? I play BFV POE(Point of Existence) mod, and BFV WW2X (World War 2 Extended) mod all the time. There are two dedicated servers that offer these mods but they have their downsides. Arsenal BFV only allows players to play on the Blue team :rolleyes:, and Backtran BFV is glitchy (disconnects players and server restarts quite often).

LTShaun

Forum Rookie
HelloClan Member
Registered
Reaction score
Battlegroup 42 gives ww2x a run for its money in my opinion 😀

one of my servers runs it both coop and conquest...if ice is interested we can change it to a HELLO named server and I’ll just continue to pay for it on my own.

Last edited:

IceSkater

Forum Rookie
HelloClan Leader
HelloClan Member
Registered
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
Battlegroup 42 gives ww2x a run for its money in my opinion 😀

one of my servers runs it both coop and conquest...if ice is interested we can change it to a HELLO named server and I’ll just continue to pay for it on my own.
As that offer is greatly appreciated, I don't feel it quite right to usurp like that. ;) That however does make you a partner though. You should drop a message in affiliation section if you have a discord group for your server. ;)

May I suggest BFV Mods as well? I play BFV POE(Point of Existence) mod, and BFV WW2X (World War 2 Extended) mod all the time. There are two dedicated servers that offer these mods but they have their downsides. Arsenal BFV only allows players to play on the Blue team :rolleyes:, and Backtran BFV is glitchy (disconnects players and server restarts quite often).
We originally had a WW2 mod server running here under Hello, but it was quite...dead. Although, the other mods are a possibility if there is enough interest for it, I could run the Event server and have these mods run on it.

LTShaun

Forum Rookie
HelloClan Member
Registered
Reaction score
As that offer is greatly appreciated, I don't feel it quite right to usurp like that. ;) That however does make you a partner though. You should drop a message in affiliation section if you have a discord group for your server. ;)
I will eventually, I started a discord channel but I’m still working on it. It’s pretty blank right now lol