What's new
  • Join us on Discord! To get all the info you may need click here!

Battlefield Vietnam: Fill The Server Event

We are going to prove just how far from dead Battlefield Vietnam is! Join us for the event, let's fill the server! Click here and drop the post a like if you'll be joining us! This countdown is for the GMT+2 timezone.

The event is live! Join us for this weekend, let's fill the server! Click here to check out the details!

Application for Affiliation Program

S_h_a_r_k_93

Forum Newbie
HelloClan Affiliate
Registered
Reaction score
Real Name
Francesco
Discord invite (discord.gg): https://discord.gg/ekbdFcK (preferred for Discord)
Discord invite (redirect): https://discord.lost-soldiers.org (preferred for Forum)
Community url: we are a Battlefield 2 Community (oh nice, animated icon works, +1 for forum engine! 😄)

Owner of the community: StarLine
Co-Founder of the comm.: S_h_a_r_k_93
Owner of the Discord: S_h_a_r_k_93#6391 (on behalf of StarLine)

Special requests: we don't have an affiliate/partners section where we are able to share your discord invite and/or website url as of yet, though we look forward to make up for that by either Following your events channel or invite you to share your own BF:Vietnam events in our #allied-events channel manually. This statement is valid even if the affiliation request is turned down, you can reach out to me via Discord to share major BF:Vietnam events should you organize any in the future in HelloClan.

We would like to help smaller friendly communities who are actively organizing events and keeping old games alive, exactly like we are doing with Battlefield 2 (our events page is here by the way). At this point in time we do not have a proper affiliation program or partnership channels, we rely more on word of mouth (and the #allied-events channel is a step forward in this direction, very in line with the share a player base vibe of your affiliation program). In case you allow to share public events announcements somewhere in your Discord server in the future, do let me know.

We look forward to help the BF:Vietnam player base and at the same time let them know that welcoming BF2 Communities exist too. In this regard we have already affiliated in the same terms with the SoV Clan as well as other 1942 Community Discords that actively invest their time into promoting events hosted on their beloved games (1942mods.com to name one).

IceSkater

Forum Rookie
HelloClan Leader
Battlefield Vietnam Admin
HelloClan Member
Registered
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
Discord invite (discord.gg): https://discord.gg/ekbdFcK (preferred for Discord)
Discord invite (redirect): https://discord.lost-soldiers.org (preferred for Forum)
Community url: we are a Battlefield 2 Community (oh nice, animated icon works, +1 for forum engine! 😄)

Owner of the community: StarLine
Co-Founder of the comm.: S_h_a_r_k_93
Owner of the Discord: S_h_a_r_k_93#6391 (on behalf of StarLine)

Special requests: we don't have an affiliate/partners section where we are able to share your discord invite and/or website url as of yet, though we look forward to make up for that by either Following your events channel or invite you to share your own BF:Vietnam events in our #allied-events channel manually. This statement is valid even if the affiliation request is turned down, you can reach out to me via Discord to share major BF:Vietnam events should you organize any in the future in HelloClan.

We would like to help smaller friendly communities who are actively organizing events and keeping old games alive, exactly like we are doing with Battlefield 2 (our events page is here by the way). At this point in time we do not have a proper affiliation program or partnership channels, we rely more on word of mouth (and the #allied-events channel is a step forward in this direction, very in line with the share a player base vibe of your affiliation program). In case you allow to share public events announcements somewhere in your Discord server in the future, do let me know.

We look forward to help the BF:Vietnam player base and at the same time let them know that welcoming BF2 Communities exist too. In this regard we have already affiliated in the same terms with the SoV Clan as well as other 1942 Community Discords that actively invest their time into promoting events hosted on their beloved games (1942mods.com to name one).
Greetings there!

Impressive CV I must say.

It would be a pleasure to become affiliates with you and your community. ;) Thank you for reaching out!

It's great to see that there is still so much left of this aging community! It really drives home a point...to the negative nancy's that these games are dead in the water.

It was planned to be done eventually but you kinda made me to it just now. :) There is a special affiliate-event's channel now on our Discord under the Information category (might be moved later on), where you or any of our Affiliates can post their events. If you have an event channel setup as an announcement channel we can follow it. :) Likewise, it would be appreciated if you follow our event channel. At the moment though, no events yet. ;) I just got back in the saddle...

It would further be appreciated if at some point you would be able to accommodate a namedrop for us in the form of either sharing our website link or discord invite.

I've given you the Affiliate role. ;) You should be free to post whenever you have anything to share in that event's channel. :)

Here's to a plentiful amount of years more for our Battlefield games!

Regards,
Ice

S_h_a_r_k_93

Forum Newbie
HelloClan Affiliate
Registered
Reaction score
Real Name
Francesco
Thanks a lot, we do our best! And now we're at a point where we would like to help others too, in order to survive. The games may be different (well not so much after all, we focus on refractor-engine games for the affiliations), but the vibe that older-games communities like ours and SoV have is rather unique, closer to a tightly-knit family compared to modern games communities.

Thank you for the newly created #affiliate-events channel, I'll be sure to drop the big public bf2 events there that we organize; we have an announcement (regular) text channel where we share (mostly but not exclusively) event announcements but personally I don't mind doing the paper work manually, often times tailoring each event announcement for each individual affiliate/friendly community who lets us share them: you'll definitely hear from me via that channel. 👍

Your #events channel is now followed, as well as LuccaWulf's #events channel. If we end up having an #allies channel (our military for partners/affiliates) I will definitely remember that you have a pending place there due to the affiliation currently in place. Finally I was thinking perhaps it's (slightly) better if you create your own permanent discord invite to our server and use it both on the forum and discord channel.

That way you are actually inviting your user base to join the affiliate server and on our end we can see how many users came in through this specific affiliation (either by visiting your forum thread or your affiliates discord channel). Does that make sense to you? Let me know, I'll ask the same to @LuccaWulf.

IceSkater

Forum Rookie
HelloClan Leader
HelloClan Member
Registered
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
Thanks a lot, we do our best! And now we're at a point where we would like to help others too, in order to survive. The games may be different (well not so much after all, we focus on refractor-engine games for the affiliations), but the vibe that older-games communities like ours and SoV have is rather unique, closer to a tightly-knit family compared to modern games communities.

Thank you for the newly created #affiliate-events channel, I'll be sure to drop the big public bf2 events there that we organize; we have an announcement (regular) text channel where we share (mostly but not exclusively) event announcements but personally I don't mind doing the paper work manually, often times tailoring each event announcement for each individual affiliate/friendly community who lets us share them: you'll definitely hear from me via that channel. 👍

Your #events channel is now followed, as well as LuccaWulf's #events channel. If we end up having an #allies channel (our military for partners/affiliates) I will definitely remember that you have a pending place there due to the affiliation currently in place. Finally I was thinking perhaps it's (slightly) better if you create your own permanent discord invite to our server and use it both on the forum and discord channel.

That way you are actually inviting your user base to join the affiliate server and on our end we can see how many users came in through this specific affiliation (either by visiting your forum thread or your affiliates discord channel). Does that make sense to you? Let me know, I'll ask the same to @LuccaWulf.
It's my absolute pleasure. ;)

Haha, yeah Hello has also been around since the game's inception and as such has a stable base of players for BFV's case. It's great though to see there's so much support for these games out there. Just a pity EA has made it difficult for us to give the game to new players... ahem...

Thank you for the follow. ;) If you do ever change your mind and make an announcement type event channel let me know and I'll give it a follow. ;)

Your suggestion does make sense. :) I appreciate that input, as such, I've allowed for Affiliates to create their own invite link from our readme-rules page. If you wouldn't mind telling me where I could create an invite for on your server?

Regards,
Ice

IceSkater

Forum Rookie
HelloClan Leader
HelloClan Member
Registered
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
PS*

What makes me think you are in marketing...or some form of PR...

S_h_a_r_k_93

Forum Newbie
HelloClan Affiliate
Registered
Reaction score
Real Name
Francesco
I don't know ;) but I'm not, though if I can be honest the two of us seem to do things quite similarly! We're both crazy perfectionists for example, are we not? For instance, our Discord is also setup to allow invites only from the first public channel, which is #welcome. You can either spawn an invite from there and make it permanent, or right-click on the server icon and "invite people", that'll create a server-invite (which you also have to edit and make permanent, with unlimited use).

I believe that if the top channel gets invite-permission denied for @everyone role then the server-invites (the one that you can do from the server icon) are disabled. Anyway, just like in your server, guests should always land on the default top channel (in your case, #readme-rules, that's your default welcome channel). Wait so you mean that guests in your server do not have any means to spawn additional invites? Not even from the default top channel? If it's like that, maybe you had trolling problems to justify this setup? 🤯

IceSkater

Forum Rookie
HelloClan Leader
HelloClan Member
Registered
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
I don't know ;) but I'm not, though if I can be honest the two of us seem to do things quite similarly! We're both crazy perfectionists for example, are we not? For instance, our Discord is also setup to allow invites only from the first public channel, which is #welcome. You can either spawn an invite from there and make it permanent, or right-click on the server icon and "invite people", that'll create a server-invite (which you also have to edit and make permanent, with unlimited use).

I believe that if the top channel gets invite-permission denied for @everyone role then the server-invites (the one that you can do from the server icon) are disabled. Anyway, just like in your server, guests should always land on the default top channel (in your case, #readme-rules, that's your default welcome channel). Wait so you mean that guests in your server do not have any means to spawn additional invites? Not even from the default top channel? If it's like that, maybe you had trolling problems to justify this setup? 🤯
It does appear so! Haha.

I've done so, as you saw just now in the server. :D

There was some trolls, though admittedly things are setup quite strict. Let's just say that for now while everything is being re-covered, general user creation of links is a no-no for now. Only as just implemented, Affiliates and the sharing of our one official discord invite link. I'll make it more lenient in short course. :)

Although it's completely separate, we have a small spam problem on the site. Hahaha, we can stop the bots but we can't stop the people from registering manually (although they are stopped automatically and have to be manually approved / reviewed) and trying to post their preaching's. :cool:🤣

Boy, it's fun being in charge sometimes. But also, sometimes not so much. Entertaining either way. 😬

S_h_a_r_k_93

Forum Newbie
HelloClan Affiliate
Registered
Reaction score
Real Name
Francesco
Although it's completely separate, we have a small spam problem on the site. Hahaha, we can stop the bots but we can't stop the people from registering manually (although they are stopped automatically and have to be manually approved / reviewed) and trying to post their preaching's. :cool:🤣
You tell me?? Same problem in lost-soldiers, so much spam coming in, it's hair pulling! There seems to be no end! On our site people/bots try to come in personalize their "status message" on their profile with links to websites, or put these links as their homepage, or try to post in our shoutbox (the most absurd messages, the most hilarious ones are good reviews about our site and what we do, ahah - that's like, reverse-spam? They spam you kind messages? ahahah).

Well while we're at it, bit off-topic but there are some things I noticed when customizing my forum profile.
I shall make a list (by the way the forum board is so neat, hot damn):
  • the first Favorite Server field is capped to 100, the second and third are capped to just 45 characters
  • accounts have privacy option to be visible by anybody, I assumed even guests, and yet you need a login to visit my profile
Okay no, I think that's about it actually! 😜

IceSkater

Forum Rookie
HelloClan Leader
HelloClan Member
Registered
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
You tell me?? Same problem in lost-soldiers, so much spam coming in, it's hair pulling! There seems to be no end! On our site people/bots try to come in personalize their "status message" on their profile with links to websites, or put these links as their homepage, or try to post in our shoutbox (the most absurd messages, the most hilarious ones are good reviews about our site and what we do, ahah - that's like, reverse-spam? They spam you kind messages? ahahah).

Well while we're at it, bit off-topic but there are some things I noticed when customizing my forum profile.
I shall make a list (by the way the forum board is so neat, hot damn):

• the first Favorite Server field is capped to 100, the second and third are capped to just 45 characters
  • accounts have privacy option to be visible by anybody, I assumed even guests, and yet you need a login to visit my profile

Okay no, I think that's about it actually! 😜
Well I am glad that this is not an unknown occurrence! Unfortunately, we don't get the reverse spam. We get true and proper spam right from the tin! :D:rolleyes:

Regarding the character limits, I've fixed that*. It should be the same. :)

Regarding the privacy, I thought it wise rather to keep global visibility of user profiles limited. However it can be changed. I just thought it was as the options you see for your privacy settings was only a very recent implementation. So not all of our members have had the opportunity to review them. By default, if I allowed this all our members profiles would be visible to non-registered users including their contact information (if any) are published on them.

I know that sounds a bit of a gimmick, giving privacy options, though they're not really useful. 😁