Upcoming Events

Battlefield Vietnam Battlegroup 42 Event - 24th April 2021 12PM EST / 7pm GMT+2. Click here for details.

Battlefield Vietnam Battlegroup 42 Event - 24th April 2021 12PM EST / 7pm GMT+2. Click here for details.

[Poll] Further changing main rape rule (Require all flags to be owned instead of neutral flags)

Do we effect these changes? Forcing a team to own all flags before attacking a main?

• Yes.

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • No.

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • I'm too used to the rules as they are.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

IceSkater

Normal Poster
HelloClan Leader
Battlefield Vietnam Admin
Battlefield 1942 Admin
HelloClan Member
Registered
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
Greetings BFV community,

I was going to try add it in and see how it went but then, I remembered that changes have generally always been discussed. So this is another change that needs to be addressed it seems.

On occasion the main raping rule is sometimes confused. So, should we make it clearer and more fair to teams?

The change being;

Teams can no longer main rape if there is neutral flags, a team must own all the flags before they can main rape. If, for example on Hastings, all the flags are neutral, no main raping can happen until either team owns all the other flags.

Whereas currently, using Hastings as an example again, at the start of the map both teams have their main flag but every other flag is neutral - thus either team can go and attack each other's main flag until either team captures another flag.

The idea is to make it more fair, and possibly extend game times slightly instead of having players rush to main flags when there's neutral flags and possibly putting a large dent in the ticket's for that team.

Please let me know what your thoughts are on this. Also, we are all so used to this rule as it is, therefore if this change does happen, it is going to take quite a lot of adjusting to.

Regards,
Ice

Nitrofish

Forum Newbie
Registered
Reaction score
For example, the map is Hastings and Blue has successfully captured all flags except the Red main. Blue may now attack Red main with planes and heli's.

...Blue must stop air attacks on Red main if a white flag appears anywhere on the map.

...If Blue is able to capture Red main then Blue owns all flags and Red no longer owns their main. Blue may continue to air attack (now it's actually become defending) the lost Red main, even if Red turns a flag white anywhere else on the map,

Now, If Red is able to change their main flag back to white then Blue CANNOT attack this area WITH planes or heli's, thus giving Red a better chance at re-claiming their lost main.

ETA: Simply put, only air attack enemy main on last flag. Stop air attacking the enemy main if you see a white flag anywhere on the map. If your team successfully captures all flags, including the enemy main, then you may DEFEND that captured main with air attacks. You must stop if the enemy team turns their lost main flag back to white.

Last edited:

htn

Forum Newbie
Registered
Reaction score
But as I said in the other thread.

Admins must then be more lenient against rapers if they come from the situation that they are allowed to rape and does not recognize the neutral flag immideately. Admins must give the raper a few seconds to recognize and leave, without taking action against him.

Now there is a little time between legal and illegal air rape. In future then there is no time between it, because there is no warning, that there will be a neutralized flag soon, the neutralized flag will just appear.

Pipiska Cheburator

Forum Newbie
Registered
Reaction score
Real Name
Alex
Now, If Red is able to change their main flag back to white then Blue CANNOT attack this area WITH planes or heli's, thus giving Red a better chance at re-claiming their lost main.

ETA: Simply put, only air attack enemy main on last flag. Stop air attacking the enemy main if you see a white flag anywhere on the map. If your team successfully captures all flags, including the enemy main, then you may DEFEND that captured main with air attacks. You must stop if the enemy team turns their lost main flag back to white.

Why for this sh*t?

This will confuse everyone even more, if they returned to their main base and it only 1 flag, then let wait for the guests on helicopters, planes and tanks until they still capture another one flag, otherwise it's all pointless.

LTShaun

Forum Rookie
HelloClan Member
Registered
Reaction score
But as I said in the other thread.

Admins must then be more lenient against rapers if they come from the situation that they are allowed to rape and does not recognize the neutral flag immideately. Admins must give the raper a few seconds to recognize and leave, without taking action against him.

Now there is a little time between legal and illegal air rape. In future then there is no time between it, because there is no warning, that there will be a neutralized flag soon, the neutralized flag will just appear.
Will warn befor kick/ban as most of us already do.

htn

Forum Newbie
Registered
Reaction score
Will warn befor kick/ban as most of us already do.
Yes, me too. But warning is not a must, it is a can rule for admins. In this case it should be a must ^^

Vmax

Regular Poster
Battlefield 1942 Admin
HelloClan Member
Registered
Reaction score
Real Name
Rob
Its a no from me as the rule currently is working as intended.

You must take a flag to ensure you are not mainraped.

Pipiska Cheburator

Forum Newbie
Registered
Reaction score
Real Name
Alex
Its a no from me as the rule currently is working as intended.

You must take a flag to ensure you are not mainraped.

now you can mainrape without air no matter how many flags, and as i understood new rule forbidden that until all flawgs owned, so that YES from me.

Vmax

Regular Poster
Battlefield 1942 Admin
HelloClan Member
Registered
Reaction score
Real Name
Rob
now you can mainrape without air no matter how many flags, and as i understood new rule forbidden that until all flawgs owned, so that YES from me.
It only applies to Main rape from the air. You can still do it with a tank.

silvia

Forum Rookie
Registered
Reaction score
I understand good ..
The Enemy Has To Have All The Flags Of The ALL of him ..so Color IF HE CAN attack the Main
¿Right?
VOTE YES.

IceSkater

Normal Poster
HelloClan Leader
Battlefield 1942 Admin
HelloClan Member
Registered
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
IceSkater it is true? there still main can be captured at any time by infantry or tank?

Hey,

Yes. The main raping rule only applies to aircraft. We are only discussing the change of needing to capture all the flags, instead of allowing neutral flags to play a part.

Regards,
Ice

Pipiska Cheburator

Forum Newbie
Registered
Reaction score
Real Name
Alex
Hey,

Yes. The main raping rule only applies to aircraft. We are only discussing the change of needing to capture all the flags, instead of allowing neutral flags to play a part.

Regards,
Ice
Ah i thought that is attack main last..... lol. Anyway thats better also so my vote still yes.

IceSkater

Normal Poster
HelloClan Leader
Battlefield 1942 Admin
HelloClan Member
Registered
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
Well thus far it seems we're mostly against this. :)

This topic will be closed if no more votes are counted in by Monday next week.

Regards,
Ice

TonyB

Forum Newbie
Registered
Reaction score
I just voted yes. If I had my way, there would be no main raping, period. It's horrible to be on when you get three celebrity players, for example, on the same team and they beat the tar of out of us noobs. Some of the celebrity players won't engage in raping. It is very difficult to get a flag when choppers are circling main killing at will.

And is raping fun? What fun is it to kill and kill and kill, easily? I wish the celebrity players would switch teams when they can clearly see that one team has an advantage.

Raping drives players from the game and some never return.

My 2 cents worth.

silvia

Forum Rookie
Registered
Reaction score
I just voted yes. If I had my way, there would be no main raping, period. It's horrible to be on when you get three celebrity players, for example, on the same team and they beat the tar of out of us noobs. Some of the celebrity players won't engage in raping. It is very difficult to get a flag when choppers are circling main killing at will.

And is raping fun? What fun is it to kill and kill and kill, easily? I wish the celebrity players would switch teams when they can clearly see that one team has an advantage.

Raping drives players from the game and some never return.

My 2 cents worth.
I totally agree with you except one word
"FAMOUS" DON'T GIVE THAT NAME TO 4 DUCKY WHO DON'T KNOW TO PLAY .. IN FACT THEY DON'T LOOK TO PLAY .. IF THEY WANTED TO PLAY THEY WOULD LEAVE THE MAIN .. AND FIGHT .. BUT OVERFLY OVER THE MAIN IN CIRCLES WITHOUT GIVING ANY CHOICE TO ANYTHING. THAT IS NOT PLAYING.
THEY ARE NOT FAMOUS ... THEY ARE SLUGS

IceSkater

Normal Poster
HelloClan Leader
Battlefield 1942 Admin
HelloClan Member
Registered
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
This topic had been stagnant for a bit,

15 Voters and it only now just went one up against it. I'm not entirely convinced on changing it. Because of how close the votes are, I feel we should leave it as is, maybe return to it another time.

Unless the votes suddenly go truly in the direction of the change, I'm not willing to amend the rule that we are all so used to. It's not exactly like there is a massive lean against or for it either...

Regards,
Ice

Pipiska Cheburator

Forum Newbie
Registered
Reaction score
Real Name
Alex
This topic had been stagnant for a bit,

15 Voters and it only now just went one up against it. I'm not entirely convinced on changing it. Because of how close the votes are, I feel we should leave it as is, maybe return to it another time.

Unless the votes suddenly go truly in the direction of the change, I'm not willing to amend the rule that we are all so used to. It's not exactly like there is a massive lean against or for it either...

Regards,
Ice

In general, the majority is in favor, and that is why I think this pool was held, there is no need to be conservative

LTShaun

Forum Rookie
HelloClan Member
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe set a deadline for people to have their votes in. As I can see right now the poll is in favour of the change.