Upcoming Events

Battlefield Vietnam Battlegroup 42 Event - 24th April 2021 12PM EST / 7pm GMT+2. Click here for details.

Battlefield Vietnam Battlegroup 42 Event - 24th April 2021 12PM EST / 7pm GMT+2. Click here for details.

[SOLVED] Same Key: "CD Key in use" on one machine but not the other

M0wltasche

Forum Newbie
Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys,

was trying to get another machine running.

.exe works, but with the CD Key the game tells me "CD Key in use" - although I was not online on the originating machine.

So I tried the prior machine - works smooth. Quit, waited a bit. Testing the new machine - key in use.

Any idea why that is?

Any1 can maybe send me a working one? I tried a few I found and even ones I came up with in the spot.

Sidepost: Is the key check really still performed against legit EA Servers?

So long!

- M

IceSkater

Normal Poster
HelloClan Leader
Battlefield Vietnam Admin
Battlefield 1942 Admin
HelloClan Member
Registered
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
Hi guys,

was trying to get another machine running.

.exe works, but with the CD Key the game tells me "CD Key in use" - although I was not online on the originating machine.

So I tried the prior machine - works smooth. Quit, waited a bit. Testing the new machine - key in use.

Any idea why that is?

Any1 can maybe send me a working one? I tried a few I found and even ones I came up with in the spot.

Sidepost: Is the key check really still performed against legit EA Servers?

So long!

- M
Hey,

This is supposed to only happen when you join a server and there is actually another player on at the same time that is using the exact same CD Key.

I'll drop you a DM with a fresh one, then you would need to just swap it out by following the guide below:

Navigate to your game directory, usually located in the following directory:

C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield Vietnam

Or

C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\Battlefield Vietnam.

Once inside your game directory, look for the folder titled "eReg" and go into this folder.

Once inside the folder, look for the application titled "Battlefield Vietnam_code", once found right click on it and click on "Run As Admin". It will prompt you to insert your CD key again. Insert it and follow the prompts. That should fix it.

If the above method still has not fixed it, you can try and manually add the CD key into the registry if you feel comfortable doing so. The guide to do this is below.

Regards,
Ice

IceSkater

Normal Poster
HelloClan Leader
Battlefield Vietnam Admin
Battlefield 1942 Admin
HelloClan Member
Registered
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
Hi Ice,

thanks for the key.

Unfortunately,

Works fine, thank you!
My pleasure!

Glad it's sorted and working. ;) Don't forget to drop by in Discord sometime - speak to the usual suspects. ;)

Regards,
Ice