Upcoming Events

Battlefield Vietnam Forcepack Event - 15th May 2021 / 6pm GMT+2. Click here for details.

Battlefield Vietnam Forcepack Event - 15th May 2021 / 6pm GMT+2. Click here for details.

Boat _ Main

IceSkater

Regular Poster
HELLOCLAN LEADER
REGISTERED
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
Although technically not stipulated,

Dropping vehicles on a main flag area is considered main rape / ramming too.

Though, this isn't in the description.

Regards,
Ice

TonyB

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Reaction score
Maybe you should have voted against the rule change like I did Pinky :D
I never imagined it would be taken this far. So flying the spawn chopper into a main and landing with guys shooting out the back is now main rape? Perhaps the rule should be that going to a main by plane, MI8 or gunship is main rape and exclude the slick and spawn chopper?

Thus the fun comes to a muy rapido end.

Vmax

Regular Poster
BATTLEFIELD VIETNAM ADMIN
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
REGISTERED
Reaction score
Real Name
Rob
Attacking main with spawn chopper or huey slick is fine so long as you dont ram anyone while doing it. :D

TonyB

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Reaction score
Attacking main with spawn chopper or huey slick is fine so long as you dont ram anyone while doing it. :D

I think I can now see where this was all going. We know who the chopper whores are. One thing I have done and I know others do is to fly to their main and turn the plane into a torpedo. Either bailing out and chuting or kamikaze in. This, of course, is disruptive to those who live in the gunships/MI8s.

Just the other day I saw a player complaining about another player camping and keeping the MI8. I get that. I just don't bother.

So I fly the slick to red main, bail out above main to chute down and my chopper crashes into one of the whores. Am I to be banned?

TonyB

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Reaction score
Although technically not stipulated,

Dropping vehicles on a main flag area is considered main rape / ramming too.

Though, this isn't in the description.

Regards,
Ice

See my comment above Vmax. You can't bail out of the spawn chopper or slick, over enemy main now. If it falls and lands on one of the chopper campers, you just main raped. (Sanitized)

Last edited:

IceSkater

Regular Poster
HELLOCLAN LEADER
REGISTERED
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
TonyB,

We've had these situations in the past, please can we avoid allowing them to turn into something worse?

This entire rule change was public and voted on by everyone. The topic is here: https://www.helloclan.eu/threads/9386/

Though, at the time it was more for the change, I can see some users have changed their votes. It was also on a poll on our Discord server and the votes were in favor of the change to the rule.

This all spawned from excessive ramming as a way to subvert the main raping rule. You must understand, that for me to make it into a rule, it had to be excessive enough to warrant such action.

So I fly the slick to red main, bail out above main to chute down and my chopper crashes into one of the whores. Am I to be banned?
You are not to be banned on the spot, I know you are using this as a worst case scenario example, but that is not how the system works. The Admin that took action against you was still lenient and warned you first.

Our policy is Kick & Ban, something I recall you were quite in favor of implementing once. Yet the Admins still choose to be lenient, even myself to be honest.

Assuming an Admin is watching you and they can see it was an accident, nothing should happen. But if you deliberately go forth into an enemy main and it's not legal to attack, then you cannot ram anyone there unless it's legal.

I myself have been a victim of ramming at the main flag as a means to get around the main raping rule, it's honestly crap. Once or twice? Fine, have a laugh, but continuously doing it? No.

This rule was not meant to detract from the fun. I am sorry if it has negatively impacted you, but again, this was voted on publicly and was given time to settle in.

The amendment won't change now because certain people have changed their minds. I never thought to check the box that stops users from changing their votes after voting. Something I will take care to do in future.

Regards,
Ice

htn

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Reaction score

I agree with Ice. You won't be banned or even kicked in my opinion and I wouldn't take any action, because this is not the intention of this rule.

As Ice said, the problem was that people were ramming into people at main and jumping out close before crashing. And it was legal at this time. That's why the rule has been created.

Edit: But I would kick you for using "whores". We want a friendly atmosphere here ;)

TonyB

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Reaction score
TonyB,

We've had these situations in the past, please can we avoid allowing them to turn into something worse?

This entire rule change was public and voted on by everyone. The topic is here: https://www.helloclan.eu/threads/9386/

Though, at the time it was more for the change, I can see some users have changed their votes. It was also on a poll on our Discord server and the votes were in favor of the change to the rule.

This all spawned from excessive ramming as a way to subvert the main raping rule. You must understand, that for me to make it into a rule, it had to be excessive enough to warrant such action.

You are not to be banned on the spot, I know you are using this as a worst case scenario example, but that is not how the system works. The Admin that took action against you was still lenient and warned you first.

Our policy is Kick & Ban, something I recall you were quite in favor of implementing once. Yet the Admins still choose to be lenient, even myself to be honest.

Assuming an Admin is watching you and they can see it was an accident, nothing should happen. But if you deliberately go forth into an enemy main and it's not legal to attack, then you cannot ram anyone there unless it's legal.

I myself have been a victim of ramming at the main flag as a means to get around the main raping rule, it's honestly crap. Once or twice? Fine, have a laugh, but continuously doing it? No.

This rule was not meant to detract from the fun. I am sorry if it has negatively impacted you, but again, this was voted on publicly and was given time to settle in.

The amendment won't change now because certain people have changed their minds. I never thought to check the box that stops users from changing their votes after voting. Something I will take care to do in future.

Regards,
Ice
Thanks Ice. I appreciate it. I think it important to be flexible with rule changes because sometimes, there are unintended consequences. And when such, perhaps rule tweaking should take place.

Ramming has been a problem for years. Every player who flies on the server knows how to fly and ram. I get that it is going to happen at times, accidentally. But repeated ramming?

I understand. Thanks Ice.

Last edited:

TonyB

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Reaction score
I agree with Ice. You won't be banned or even kicked in my opinion and I wouldn't take any action, because this is not the intention of this rule.

As Ice said, the problem was that people were ramming into people at main and jumping out close before crashing. And it was legal at this time. That's why the rule has been created.

Edit: But I would kick you for using "whores". We want a friendly atmosphere here ;)
What does that have to do with me flying a slick carrying a boat and dropping it on the other team at base?

IceSkater

Regular Poster
HELLOCLAN LEADER
REGISTERED
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
Thanks Ice. I appreciate it. I think it important to be flexible with rule changes because sometimes, there are unintended consequences. And when such, perhaps rule tweaking should take place.

Ramming has been a problem for years. Every player who flies on the server knows how to fly and ram. I get that it is going to happen at times, accidentally. But repeated ramming?

I understand. Thanks Ice.
You are welcome. :)

If it becomes inherently flawed, then we will bring it up for discussion.

What does that have to do with me flying a slick carrying a boat and dropping it on the other team at base?
I disregarded your comments, but HTN is quite right about them.

Do not submit NSFW or untoward content.​

Our forums are visited by people of many ages. We prefer to keep our forums clean and as such as you to keep it clean.

Keep it PG. Try not to cuss please.​

We have members of all ages, to this extent we expect no expletive's please.

Racism, swearing & excessive insulting will not be tolerated:​

To encourage a more friendly atmosphere, our server has a zero tolerance policy on swearing, excessive insulting and racism. Further, this rule is to ensure our server has no toxicity as well as no verbal animosity towards other players.

As such, swearing is entirely forbidden, along with calling other players racial slurs or insulting terms. Enforcement of this rule is primarily done through the servers automatic Banned Words program. We have added the most common swear words and slurs to this list. The result is that if a player uses a banned word in-game, the server will automatically warn you and should player continue using banned words within a few rounds, the player will automatically be kicked. Automtaic bans may be applied, otherwise they will manually be applied by an Admin upon review.

Please see our Admin Courses of Action for more info.

Please note, for the first month of implementation we are going to allow adjustment to the amended rule. To this effect, an offending player will be warned first, before being kicked for breaking the above rule.

Regards,
Ice

TonyB

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Reaction score
I think with rules, the less said the better.

How would this sound:

"Main Raping: no player shall attack the opposing team's main base unless the attacking player's team holds all other flags. Attack is defined as intentionally firing missiles or gunfire from helicopters or airplanes at or into the opposing team's main base. This includes the intentional ramming by plane by kamikaze or directing the plane into main and bailing."

There are players who establish mortars at flags and fire into main bases. It happens quite a bit on Operation Game Warden. I can name two players who set up the mortar in a hut at the flag near blue main and repeatedly fire shells into blue main that land on the gunship pad. Isn't that raping main? I don't care, I'm ok with that just like I'm ok with dropping a boat onto the heads of those who camp the choppers full-map (notice language improvements).

TonyB

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Reaction score
Btw, I don't bother gunning for the gunship on Game Warden because typically, Pipiska, Rick, Para (to name a few) are in the MI8 and they are far superior players. My only avenue of relief is to carry a boat or jeep to their main, as a gift mind you, a gift. It is unfortunate they don't like my gifts, I guess. :(

No more gifting.

TonyB

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Reaction score
Icey, I am still a little confused about the rule. I just read it again and I apologize. The rule on main rape is found here: https://www.helloclan.eu/pages/bfv/

So has the rule changed? If any flags are white, you can still attack main if the only flag they hold is main? Thank you for any clarification.

IceSkater

Regular Poster
HELLOCLAN LEADER
REGISTERED
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
Howdy,

I'll reply properly when I'm home, but no the rule has not changed.

It is still the same, though we did have a poll on changing it to own all the flags as you have suggested, but it wasn't enough to convince me. The results were too close.

You can still attack mains if the flags are white.

Regards,
Ice

htn

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Reaction score
Icey, I am still a little confused about the rule. I just read it again and I apologize. The rule on main rape is found here: https://www.helloclan.eu/pages/bfv/

So has the rule changed? If any flags are white, you can still attack main if the only flag they hold is main? Thank you for any clarification.

The rule has changed only to classify ramming as main rape.

Other changes has not been made.

The team which has only their main fully captured can be attacked at their main by air.

TonyB

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Reaction score
Howdy,

I'll reply properly when I'm home, but no the rule has not changed.

It is still the same, though we did have a poll on changing it to own all the flags as you have suggested, but it wasn't enough to convince me. The results were too close.

You can still attack mains if the flags are white.

Regards,
Ice
Are you ever home!