Website UPDATE

Thanks to @SucceededKiller , we are now integrated with Discord!​

What does this mean?​

Well, for starters, designated posts such as ban topic entries, announcements, events etc will be posted automatically to our Discord server. It does have the option to send in the replies too, but I think that might be a bit spammy.

Furthermore, new users can now register / login using the following platforms;

• Discord
  • Reddit
  • Twitch
  • Others may be added in due course.

Also, you can associate these accounts on your profile if you wish by visiting this page: https://www.helloclan.eu/account/connected-accounts/

Mainly though, I suggest you link your Discord account. What happens when you do that, it will not only integrate your account with our site, it will also allow you to receive notifications for replies etc directly to via DM to you from our site!

It will also sync our Discord groups with the Discord roles. ;)

Further website updates:​

Some other updates for our website, well... it's extra.

All our clan applications are now fully automated. All our applications are now processed via forms:

Take a look at the Battlefield Vietnam application form for example: https://www.helloclan.eu/bfv/apply

*Please note these forms are still bare, I will make them look less boring in due course.

They will automatically create a post in the relevant application forum, with an acceptance message from @HelloClan (please don't message that account :D ) and they will automatically be assigned the relevant user group. This further ensures our requirements are met when applications are being made.

All application links for the separate games can be found now under the "Our Games" tab as seen below:

1620430967361.png

No posts can actually be made in the application sections now, as they are automatically generated by the system. So only responses can be posted. :)

There have also been a few security updates too and also thanks to SK, the annoying Captcha for signing up is gone. There is a captcha...but actual humans can't see it. :D

I'd like to urge everyone to please associate their Discord account. You can also manage your notification settings on this page: https://www.helloclan.eu/account/preferences

IceSkater

Regular Poster
HELLOCLAN LEADERSHIP
REGISTERED
Real Name
Shaun
Just a tidbit here,

Our report system now works with the forms too!

As a matter of cleaning up and re-organizing, you can now report players by click on the "Our Games" tab at the top of the site and click on the Report A Player option under the respective game.

As seen below:

1620522782422.png

In due course, our admin reports will also be moved underneath the About Us tab.

With organizing things more properly, in short course our courses of action, player report prerequisites and other important info will be found in our help section. Visible here: https://www.helloclan.eu/help/

This link is always visible at the bottom of our website near the right hand side:

1620522912948.png

It's just going to take a bit for me to get it all over there but that's the idea. Now all the important info will be found in one place and easy to see. It won't be hidden amongst other posts in some bizarre forum section.

IceSkater

Regular Poster
HELLOCLAN LEADERSHIP
REGISTERED
Real Name
Shaun
Small add on here...

I made a small mess with how I set some things up.

You may need to re-associate your Discord account.

I apologize for the inconvenience. :(

Regards,
Ice

Last edited:

IceSkater

Regular Poster
HELLOCLAN LEADERSHIP
REGISTERED
Real Name
Shaun

UPDATE:​

Users can now login through these sites and associate their accounts with them:

1621181626547.png

PLEASE NOTE:

You will have to re-associate your Discord account! If it's still showing it's linked but you can't see your name next to your discord account here: https://www.helloclan.eu/account/preferences please de-link it and re-link it!

We also now have a built in calendar, where all our events will be listed in future. We will still make use of topics, but this allows us to integrate Google Calendar on our site, so you can also add whatever event we host to your own google calendar and it should translate the time etc into your local time once added.

At the moment, no events are listed yet but you can always access it from the nav menu here:

1621181799301.png

Our affiliates will be given access if they wish to add their events to the calendar too. Check it out here now: https://www.helloclan.eu/calendar

Regards,
Ice

IceSkater

Regular Poster
HELLOCLAN LEADERSHIP
REGISTERED
Real Name
Shaun
An update here...

We now make use of a dedicated Resource hub!

All the resources we have (guides / files etc) can be found here: https://www.helloclan.eu/resources/

By the end of the weekend, important stuff will be moved from the normal forum to there. A bit has already been added. :)

It should make it easier for people to find the stuff they need to join us in game! It's also going to be available and always viewable on the top nav bar as pictured here:

1622231923513.png

Icon might change though...

All prep for making things easier to find. :) In due course I'll add video guides to some of the resources...

Regards,
Ice

IceSkater

Regular Poster
HELLOCLAN LEADERSHIP
REGISTERED
Real Name
Shaun

UPDATE:​

I've been busy re-organizing the trophy / badge system on the site. Some of you may have had a few alerts (I did disable email notifications when I updated the larger ones which would have more members) from the site saying you have received a badge.

You can checkout all the badges here: https://www.helloclan.eu/help/ozzmodz_badges/

The user activity badge icons may change in future (don't worry, you won't be spammed about that), but the one that I focused on for now was the membership badges.

When someone applies for membership, they will automatically be given the badge relevant to the game they applied for. :) Again, you can view all the badges from the above mentioned link.

Here is a screenshot of the membership badges for now. Yes, I did manually source the badges from DeviantArt creators.

1630159585372.png

NOTE:
This system is based on the automatic role system on the site which was only recently added. If you are a member of our clan and do not have the -[HELLO]-BFV banner under your name in the forum, or do not have the badge related to it (or other games) please let me know.

IceSkater

Regular Poster
HELLOCLAN LEADERSHIP
REGISTERED
Real Name
Shaun
I must say, perhaps I am reiterating this, that this is the cleanest CMS I've seen being used in forums in a while. Oh and I'll request a copy be mailed to my postal box once you stop updating new stuff to it. xD
I thank you for the compliment sir. ;)

I'm afraid that I always find room for improvement...so it'll be a long time before stuff stops shifting around. 🤣

IceSkater

Regular Poster
HELLOCLAN LEADERSHIP
REGISTERED
Real Name
Shaun
I'm very pleased to announce that the dark theme is back!

And better than before I think...

It took me a little bit of tweaking to display everything correctly, but what are your thoughts? I've set it as the default for now just to show off a little bit, but don't worry, you can change it back to light!

Want to switch between the themes? Scroll to the bottom of the website, and you'll see this:

image_2021-10-28_232938.png

Click on it and it will give you the option to switch between light & dark themes. The location of the button is the same for the light theme.

I know some of you really like the dark theme (way back when) but it just was no longer compatible. But now that I've had some extra free time I took the liberty of bringing this back, updated and better. ;) It's also quite mobile friendly too!

Unfortunately there is no background changer with the dark style, but I will look into that at some point. ;)

PS: Some things, such as the twitter widget / facebook widget on the main page (what's new) had to stay in their original light style for now until I can "non invasively" inject the right style properties into the websites main html file for the landing page.

If you see anything that might be displaying weirdly though, please do let me know here.

Last edited:

HeiligWahrheit

Forum Rookie
BATTLEFIELD VIETNAM ADMIN
REGISTERED
I like the style, thanks for your effort and spending your free time!

One little question: Is it possible, to highlight unread topics on a different way? If I am right, they are displayed with bold letters, but it seems to me that white letters do not stand out as much as black letters.

IceSkater

Regular Poster
HELLOCLAN LEADERSHIP
REGISTERED
Real Name
Shaun
I like the style, thanks for your effort and spending your free time!

One little question: Is it possible, to highlight unread topics on a different way? If I am right, they are displayed with bold letters, but it seems to me that white letters do not stand out as much as black letters.
Thank you for the feedback Helilig. ;)

Ahh. Yes. Okay, I will just double check on those styling properties. I'll sort it out when I am home later. 😉

IceSkater

Regular Poster
HELLOCLAN LEADERSHIP
REGISTERED
Real Name
Shaun
I've made some slight adjustments to the styling.

Unread messages will appear in white color with bolt font in an italic format. If they've been read, they will appear as normal font without any special styling properties. :)

Please let me know if this seems alright.

S_h_a_r_k_93

Forum Newbie
HELLOCLAN AFFILIATE
REGISTERED
Website
shark.lost-soldiers.org
Real Name
Francesco
But don't worry, you can change it back to light!
You got me worried there for a sec, was so used to this Forum being light! The dark theme does not highlight all the sweet edges & shades that there are in all the panes, I will switch back :) you mention the background can be changed too?