Website UPDATE

Thanks to @SucceededKiller , we are now integrated with Discord!​

What does this mean?​

Well, for starters, designated posts such as ban topic entries, announcements, events etc will be posted automatically to our Discord server. It does have the option to send in the replies too, but I think that might be a bit spammy.

Furthermore, new users can now register / login using the following platforms;

• Discord
  • Reddit
  • Twitch
  • Others may be added in due course.

Also, you can associate these accounts on your profile if you wish by visiting this page: https://www.helloclan.eu/account/connected-accounts/

Mainly though, I suggest you link your Discord account. What happens when you do that, it will not only integrate your account with our site, it will also allow you to receive notifications for replies etc directly to via DM to you from our site!

It will also sync our Discord groups with the Discord roles. ;)

Further website updates:​

Some other updates for our website, well... it's extra.

All our clan applications are now fully automated. All our applications are now processed via forms:

Take a look at the Battlefield Vietnam application form for example: https://www.helloclan.eu/bfv/apply

*Please note these forms are still bare, I will make them look less boring in due course.

They will automatically create a post in the relevant application forum, with an acceptance message from @HelloClan (please don't message that account :D ) and they will automatically be assigned the relevant user group. This further ensures our requirements are met when applications are being made.

All application links for the separate games can be found now under the "Our Games" tab as seen below:

1620430967361.png

No posts can actually be made in the application sections now, as they are automatically generated by the system. So only responses can be posted. :)

There have also been a few security updates too and also thanks to SK, the annoying Captcha for signing up is gone. There is a captcha...but actual humans can't see it. :D

I'd like to urge everyone to please associate their Discord account. You can also manage your notification settings on this page: https://www.helloclan.eu/account/preferences

IceSkater

Regular Poster
HELLOCLAN LEADERSHIP
REGISTERED
Real Name
Shaun
You got me worried there for a sec, was so used to this Forum being light! The dark theme does not highlight all the sweet edges & shades that there are in all the panes, I will switch back :) you mention the background can be changed too?
Sorry Shark. :p

I need people to test the dark theme fully and find bugs for me that I may miss. ;) It's also why I made it the default for now.

The light theme has a background changer, when you switch back to it you'll see a little slider next to the button that you click to change themes. ;) There's a few backgrounds to choose from.

LTShaun

Normal Poster
BATTLEFIELD VIETNAM ADMIN
SOCIALS MANAGER
FACEBOOK EDITOR
YOUTUBE MANAGER
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
-[HELLO]-RS2:V
REGISTERED
I like it but is there anyway to bring back the “what’s new” button without having to scroll to the top of the page?

IceSkater

Regular Poster
HELLOCLAN LEADERSHIP
REGISTERED
Real Name
Shaun
I like it but is there anyway to bring back the “what’s new” button without having to scroll to the top of the page?
Thank you for the feedback LTShaun!

As for the what's new button...I'm not sure I follow actually? The styles should be near identical with layouts. If you scroll slight up you'll see a button on the right hand side of the screen pop up, if you click it it'll send you to the top of the page as a shortcut.

LTShaun

Normal Poster
SOCIALS MANAGER
FACEBOOK EDITOR
YOUTUBE MANAGER
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
REGISTERED
Thank you for the feedback LTShaun!

As for the what's new button...I'm not sure I follow actually? The styles should be near identical with layouts. If you scroll slight up you'll see a button on the right hand side of the screen pop up, if you click it it'll send you to the top of the page as a shortcut.
Ok I see now, it jumps you to the top then you can click the what’s new button from there. You know me though Ice, I think I will stick with the original version for now, Shaun doesn’t like change lol.

IceSkater

Regular Poster
HELLOCLAN LEADERSHIP
REGISTERED
Real Name
Shaun
There isn't a button though otherwise? :p Unless I missed something...

LTShaun

Normal Poster
SOCIALS MANAGER
FACEBOOK EDITOR
YOUTUBE MANAGER
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
REGISTERED
There isn't a button though otherwise? :p Unless I missed something...
Not if I am in dark mode. If I scroll up slightly the tool bar doesn’t appear.

IceSkater

Regular Poster
HELLOCLAN LEADERSHIP
REGISTERED
Real Name
Shaun
Not if I am in dark mode. If I scroll up slightly the tool bar doesn’t appear.
Hmm. Are you at all able to screenshot the button you are seeing only in the light mode?

LTShaun

Normal Poster
SOCIALS MANAGER
FACEBOOK EDITOR
YOUTUBE MANAGER
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
REGISTERED
Hmm. Are you at all able to screenshot the button you are seeing only in the light mode?
In light mode you can see the what’s new button which redirects me to the new posts page, in dark mode it’s just the blue arrow that autoscrolls you to the top of the page I am currently viewing.

Attachments

• 3294B72A-FC8D-48D0-8D40-4FDC79C29EDC.png
    3294B72A-FC8D-48D0-8D40-4FDC79C29EDC.png
    395.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 22E9D661-D048-43CE-B116-369A4CA9A1DA.png
    22E9D661-D048-43CE-B116-369A4CA9A1DA.png
    482.3 KB · Views: 10

IceSkater

Regular Poster
HELLOCLAN LEADERSHIP
REGISTERED
Real Name
Shaun
Oh I see, I was thinking of it being on Desktop which is why I was perplexed...

That I'm afraid I can't quite change around just yet. It's exclusive to the theme itself, I'll work on it if I have some free time and get around the code. ;)

LTShaun

Normal Poster
SOCIALS MANAGER
FACEBOOK EDITOR
YOUTUBE MANAGER
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
REGISTERED
Oh I see, I was thinking of it being on Desktop which is why I was perplexed...

That I'm afraid I can't quite change around just yet. It's exclusive to the theme itself, I'll work on it if I have some free time and get around the code. ;)
No worries man I am content with light mode.

x4|Al Gore

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Updates look great Ice. Good job! Is it possible to make the unread thread text brighter? Now in this new dark theme where the thread text has become whitish, I can't tell the difference between the normal and bold fonts. I don't know which threads are read and unread after this change. Thanks!

x4|Al Gore

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
After a closer look, I can barely see the difference between the read and unread threads. What I think are unread are marked with Yellow below. Is it possible to make the unread threads brighter or bolder?
1635889821071.png

IceSkater

Regular Poster
HELLOCLAN LEADERSHIP
REGISTERED
Real Name
Shaun
After a closer look, I can barely see the difference between the read and unread threads. What I think are unread are marked with Yellow below. Is it possible to make the unread threads brighter or bolder?
View attachment 2030
Unread topics / replied to topics are italic & bold. :)

Read are plain font non-italic. However, I will see if I can add a little extra to make it more prominent when I have time available.

x4|Al Gore

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Unread topics / replied to topics are italic & bold. :)

Read are plain font non-italic. However, I will see if I can add a little extra to make it more prominent when I have time available.
No worries Ice. I found out how to switch back to "Light" and glad I still have this option. You can see what a difference it makes below. The bold really stands out when compared to "Dark" mode.

1635985074773.png

IceSkater

Regular Poster
HELLOCLAN LEADERSHIP
REGISTERED
Real Name
Shaun
I think there should be a good discernable difference now. :)

Also, a reminder to anyone reading this thread so as to save you from scrolling up all the way;

I've set the dark theme as the default theme for now so that everyone can help me tweak it by letting me know of any issues that occur using it. Such as those that have already been submitted.

I do know there is an issue with the conversations add-on when using the dark theme. I'll try fix that, but I suspect no-one else besides myself uses that add-on.

You are of course free to switch between styles at any time by scrolling to the bottom of the site and click on where it says "Dark" or "Light" depending upon what theme you are already using. :)

IceSkater

Regular Poster
HELLOCLAN LEADERSHIP
REGISTERED
Real Name
Shaun
A bit more of an update...

I've begun integrating the Messenger application / plugin to our website. This means that new users (or existing ones) can simply open up the chat and send a message to us directly if they need a personal type response. They can do this either as a guest or they can login to their FB profiles (if they have one).

I'll customize it a bit more to help with cd key's etc at a later stage. This is just in a testing stage at the moment. For now it will only appear on the what's new & forum list views. I hope it's not too intrusive. Unfortunately there's not a ton I can do about where exactly it appears.