Shaun
bfv copy.jpg

Last edited:

Pipiska

Forum Newbie
BATTLEFIELD VIETNAM ADMIN
REGISTERED
UPDATE:

Included in the event is @Pipiska 's Saigon 68 (tunnels only) SSM map. ;)
Well it is not actually SSM - just all flags and spawn points moved into sewers , all rest (like vehicles spawns) removed, inputs and outputs blocked. so another words - battle zone moved to tunnels. Yes, it is customary to say that it is SSM, but in fact, most of my changes are very simple smm, like adding a new spawn for a vehicle or a player's spawn. Only a few elements can be called SSM on my improvements - like minigun - or player spawn on vehicles (boats, trucks , planes (ac47 ))) )
By the way - you can test Saigon tunnels on BFV Europe server - to be prepare for coming battle - i must say it very meat even 1 vs 1 , and i have no idea what massacre will be happened when it will be when 10 or more players will play on it )))

IceSkater

Regular Poster
HELLOCLAN LEADERSHIP
REGISTERED
Real Name
Shaun
I'm just bumping this thread to keep it at the top of our what's new page. ;)

It's just around the corner! :D

IceSkater

Regular Poster
HELLOCLAN LEADERSHIP
REGISTERED
Real Name
Shaun
I've setup the map rotation in advance for the event tomorrow.

The server is currently running the event map rotation and it will change back to the original rotation Monday at midnight. :)

See everyone at the event!

LTShaun

Normal Poster
SOCIALS MANAGER
FACEBOOK EDITOR
YOUTUBE MANAGER
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
-[HELLO]-RS2:V
REGISTERED
Did I miss it ? Will be home from work soon.

IceSkater

Regular Poster
HELLOCLAN LEADERSHIP
REGISTERED
Real Name
Shaun
Did I miss it ? Will be home from work soon.
Maps are in rotation till tomorrow night. ;)

There were 23 players online, but again seems a bit of a weird time of month. I suspect everyone will join tomorrow night. ;)

Pipiska

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Some players that did not know about the event complained about the lack of maps hastings, flaming dart.
But I'm glad to say that a lot of players liked the tunnel version of the saigon. And they was like to repeat map. But I also see that a large number of players on this map do not provide a chance to break free for the squeezed team, it does not matter whether it is the USA or NVA.

Since when we played at 8, the opposing team had such a chance.
But it was fun, as soon as the teams met in the center of the tunnels, a real confrontation began and whoever could turn the tide - in the end - won.

Therefore, ICE - I ask you to add the Cedar Falls Tunnels war map to the event from tomorrow,
It will already be comfortable for a larger number of players. And it will add the total number of maps - since the rotation is too fast and players tired of repetition leave

Last edited:

IceSkater

Regular Poster
HELLOCLAN LEADERSHIP
REGISTERED
Real Name
Shaun
Test it out. ;)

Should be in rotation now, otherwise I'll restart the server when there's no-one on. ;)

Pipiska

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Test it out. ;)

Should be in rotation now, otherwise I'll restart the server when there's no-one on. ;)
Already play - yeah Cedar falls much better for bigger amount of players - we play good at this map. Please left it to event end. Players like it.

DenalDouglas

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Real Name
Denal
Weird to see Reclaiming Hue so quiet. It's not just because there aren't many players, it's literally quiet. I just got done overhauling that map for my mod a few days ago, and playtesting it was an extremely different experience. I added ambient battle sounds and increased the sound radius of all weapons fire. You can hear players fighting from halfway across the map, and with the ambient sounds mixed in, it's a constant blur of gunfire and explosions.

TonyB

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
My opinion, for what it is worth. I had a great time, especially on Pisky's Saigon '68 map (you want to be on the blue team). Once the red got trapped, it was all over but the cryin' and the dyin'. lol I wonder Pisky if you could have fixed up La Drang to be a good, modded map. Get rid of the blue air base and move them to the local flag district.

Initially I wasn't so crazy about it but I got used to it and had a good time. Thanks for your troubles Ice.

Santa came on and was having all kinds of issues trying to play Ice. Said his player wouldn't move (forward/backward). Etc. Sounds like he was on a laptop. Perhaps you could reach out. Thanks.

What a great game.

pinky