Map Order

Pinky

Forum Rookie
BATTLEFIELD VIETNAM ADMIN
REGISTERED
Reaction score
I think we can all agree that Hastings is perhaps the favorite map of a majority of players. I'm not saying it is everybody's favorite. Not saying that.

But, there are several maps we know players enjoy.

I have wondered, would it be better to have the first map be Saigon '68 followed by Hastings?

I check to see if players are on. When I get around to it, and see there are some players, I join in. Unfortunately, if the game has been going for a bit, it's almost to the end of Hastings and we won't see Hastings again until tomorrow. Whereas if we could start with another popular map. The server will populate then we all know Hastings is coming. Reclaiming Hue. Etc.

My suggestion. Thank you.

pinky

IceSkater

Master Poster
HELLOCLAN LEADERSHIP
REGISTERED
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
Just adding here as well;

It's not a permanent fixture. :) Just something a little different and capitalizing on an existing trial. Officially, both Saigon 68 as the start map and the edited version of it will revert on the 17th Jan. It may be reverted sooner if there is...backlash.

At this point, and considering past polls I've hosted on changes, I've simply elected to do with these "minor" (in my view, but I understand and accept that they may not seem minor in other's views) change.

Again, it's not a permanent fixture, only a deviation from our long going cycle of things. A little change...someone once said...now and then isn't the end of the world - unless of course it is. ;)

Pinky

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Reaction score
There no way to make them both in the maplist at the same time.

Pisky, I agree with HTN. I love Saigon the way it is. Please do not mod it for me. Thank you.

Pipiska

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Reaction score
Real Name
Alex
Pisky, I agree with HTN. I love Saigon the way it is. Please do not mod it for me. Thank you.
dont worry - it will be not so long - by the way we have funplay today on that map - and fast)

htn

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Reaction score
Well even if the map is okay, this is not the right way for a server calling itself a server for "stock maps".

This is not a slightly change (as the car on Lang Dra Valley), it is a completely changed map which in my opinion is not correct placed on the Main-HELLO server, instead it would be correct placed on the second server.

If this map is too big as start map, then of course it can be discussed to use another start map, but it should be a stock one.

Pipiska

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Reaction score
Real Name
Alex
Well even if the map is okay, this is not the right way for a server calling itself a server for "stock maps".

This is not a slightly change (as the car on Lang Dra Valley), it is a completely changed map which in my opinion is not correct placed on the Main-HELLO server, instead it would be correct placed on the second server.

If this map is too big as start map, then of course it can be discussed to use another start map, but it should be a stock one.
Map the same at all - there no way to change map and make it work to all people without download - you should know about that after so many years. There just added new vehicles and flags moved into surface. But i agree about stock - and/but it is just temporary untill 17 jan.

But I'm still surprised how you can draw conclusions without ever playing with this modification.
Yesterday we play 6-7 people and we finish map - weel maybe 15-25 min. imagine how many time it will took if there was tunnels..... and it was fun and nobody complained. all the players remained to play (except for Bee, when they had only one flag left, he rage quit and after that I decided to take his place.)

htn

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Reaction score
I know that, but there is not a difference if users don't need to download anything or not...it is a huge modification moving flags to surface and completely remove the tunnels.

Again: I don't say, that the modification which you've done is bad! No way!
But missing the "original" Saigon with tunnels is not good in my view.

That's why I am against it and not because of your modification.

Pipiska

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Reaction score
Real Name
Alex
I know that, but there is not a difference if users don't need to download anything or not...it is a huge modification moving flags to surface and completely remove the tunnels.

Again: I don't say, that the modification which you've done is bad! No way!
But missing the "original" Saigon with tunnels is not good in my view.

That's why I am against it and not because of your modification.
understood - but I would advise you to look at it from the other side, you have the opportunity to play on a map with a modification that is not available anywhere, even on our second server it is not, and it will be available only until the 17th, have time to enjoy something new on the old map , this will not happen anymore !!!

Pinky

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Reaction score

htn, I played the map and did enjoy it. It was fun. It was a pleasant change. Saigon 68 is where I used to stage jeep races. Boredom = Jeep Races

I had asked that Ice consider putting Saigon 68 as the lead map because we know it is popular. Perhaps not as popular as Hastings but a good map to get players in. Then, once they are in and that map completes, we move to Hastings. Before, as you know, players could get on and into Hastings. By the time I discover players on and join, Hastings is almost over. My favorite map.

I suggested that perhaps it possible to put the original Saigon 68 in the map over along with the modded map. Perhaps do the Pisky Saigon map at the start then Hastings then a few other maps to keep the ground troops happy then Saigon 68 regular map ....

Thank you Pisky. Loved the modded map.

pinky

htn

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Reaction score
htn, I played the map and did enjoy it. It was fun. It was a pleasant change. Saigon 68 is where I used to stage jeep races. Boredom = Jeep Races

I had asked that Ice consider putting Saigon 68 as the lead map because we know it is popular. Perhaps not as popular as Hastings but a good map to get players in. Then, once they are in and that map completes, we move to Hastings. Before, as you know, players could get on and into Hastings. By the time I discover players on and join, Hastings is almost over. My favorite map.

I suggested that perhaps it possible to put the original Saigon 68 in the map over along with the modded map. Perhaps do the Pisky Saigon map at the start then Hastings then a few other maps to keep the ground troops happy then Saigon 68 regular map ....

Thank you Pisky. Loved the modded map.

pinky
I am open to put original Saigon 68 along with the modded version.

And I don't say the modded version is bad. But I don't want to miss the original one in rotation.

Pinky

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Reaction score
htn, I absolutely agree. I love the original map. And you get 40 guys on any of these maps and I love them all. I may be pwned but that's ok, I laugh.

pinky